What can I feed my Pepper corries that the other fish won't eat?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Neco the Pleco, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Neco the PlecoNew MemberMember

Every other day or so, I give my pepper corries a few shrimp pellets, as my other fish rarely miss any of their food. The problem is, recently, the danios, and one fancy guppy eat their food quickly, and then eat the catfishes food before they can get to it. Before they would just pick at (not actually consume any) The other day, my guppy actually ate the entire pellet. He had a huge bulged stomach and died the next morning. I always watch my fish and make sure they each get the same amount of food each, so I don't think he was starving or anything.

Is their anything I can give the catfish that the danios will not eat? (I also plan on getting a gourami for my other currently catfish only tank, so please consider him too)

2. bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

this problem is a pain but we all have to deal with it. you can try feeding the corys at night. it should be harder for the other fish to find and eat it. you can also get a cave or something low laying to the ground and try to put the food in there. the other fish might have trouble getting in the cave and eating the food.

you can sprinkle flakes, frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimp on the ground and they should find it.

3. porkozoneNew MemberMember

I have this problem too. The cories usu don't eat immediately, which gives the other fish time to eat some if theirs. I really don't know how much the cories eat because I rarely see them eat, but the pellets are always gone.

I may try feeding them at night.

4. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

could always over feed a bit

5. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

That's what I do. I prefer to call it maintaining the mts population :)
    I've not had a fish eat themselves to death.