What Can I Do

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by manzeez, Apr 22, 2017.

1. manzeezValued MemberMember

what can I do, I want to re stock my tank with bolivian rams or apistogramma . My ph is 7.6 and I cant shift it

2. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

I think of all the parameter, PH is the least of your worries. Ammonia and that is the bigger concern. My ph is very high as well and it's the sudden shift that will kill fish. The majority of people on here will say don't bother because conditioners can cause the ph to suddenly fall (or rise) and THAT is what will kill fish. Drift wood I know will lower ph a little bit it leaches tannis and can make you water brown. I wouldn't be to worried but by all means wait for a second option.

I have a German ram that is apparently even more sensitive then Bolivians and he's never been healthier.

3. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

What size tank? What is the stocking?

4. manzeezValued MemberMember

my water is spot on bar my ph ,the fish I have are going to new homes my tank is a 125 L but I have a 160 as well

5. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Which tank is it going in and what is the stocking going to be for that tank? Bolivian are cooler water fish

6. manzeezValued MemberMember

just a pair , in the 125

7. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Then you should be fine!

As long as you slowly acclimate them to the pH, the fish will adjust

8. manzeezValued MemberMember

would I be able to add anything for cleaning like oto cats and how long will it take to acclimate them:rolleyes:

9. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Your pH is fine. Where are you getting your fish from? If it is locally, the pH and hardness should be the same as your tank water.

10. manzeezValued MemberMember

getting them from maidenhead aquatics very good store and very helpful:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice