What Can I Do With My 3.3 Liter Tank ?

The Lonely King
i'm not even joking I have a 3.3 liter tank with heater and filter ,I cycled the tank but I don't know what to put inside ,shrimp maybe?

psalm18.2
Shrimp.

The Lonely King
david1978
small shrimp. A snail. Goldfish crackers. Fake fish or octopus.

Briggs
thanks I was worried that I could have wasted money

Make sure to keep a bottle of water close to the tank for frequent top offs. Water evaporation is a much bigger problem in tiny tanks, and the fluctuations in parameters it causes can really stress shrimp, which can lead to illness and molting problems. RODI or bottled water with the lowest total dissolved solids you can find would be best for top offs (don't fill your tank with it, though, and don't use it for water changes). Distilled or water sold for c-pap machines have both worked for me in a pinch.

Also, some live plants will help you out a lot. They help keep the water a little cleaner and more stable, and they give the shrimp a lot more surface area to graze on.

Mary765
If you fill the tank with bright green dense plants like java moss and carpet plants, some black substrate, ferts and a piece if driftwood before adding a bright shrimp like red cherry shrimp then it looks AMAZING.

Look up "cherry shrimp nano tank" for inspiration!

The Lonely King
Make sure to keep a bottle of water close to the tank for frequent top offs. Water evaporation is a much bigger problem in tiny tanks, and the fluctuations in parameters it causes can really stress shrimp, which can lead to illness and molting problems. RODI or bottled water with the lowest total dissolved solids you can find would be best. Distilled or water sold for c-pap machines have both worked for me in a pinch.

Also, some live plants will help you out a lot. They help keep the water a little cleaner and more stable, and they give the shrimp a lot more surface area to graze on.
Thanks I will keep that in mind

o
If you fill the tank with bright green dense plants like java moss and carpet plants, some black substrate, ferts and a piece if driftwood before adding a bright shrimp like red cherry shrimp then it looks AMAZING.

Look up "cherry shrimp nano tank" for inspiration!
ok thank you

75g Discus Tank
A common houseplant.

Niki Rose
colony of live fish food or you could make it a planted tank with shrimp

ParrotCichlid
A pair of Least Killifish would be fine in this 3.3 liter tank me think

jamie carmichael
I hate to say it but I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Realistically no fish no matter how small can be kept in a tank that small, it is just outright cruel.

david1978
hey I stand by the shrimp with a fake octupus idea. Lol. Would really confuse guests.

The Lonely King
I hate to say it but I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Realistically no fish no matter how small can be kept in a tank that small, it is just outright cruel.
maybe I can use it as a quarantine tank for my guppies when one I sick I can put him in there for a 3 days maximum
or I can just put fake fish in there just like what david said

Mary765
maybe I can use it as a quarantine tank for my guppies when one I sick I can put him in there for a 3 days maximum
or I can just put fake fish in there just like what david said

It's better than no quarantine but not great really..

Artifical Sanity
I say go with shrimp! They have soo many different color morphs now! My LFS has stared stocking blueberry shrimp, golden, crystal red, panda, ect. You can even mix and match the colors for a rainbow of shrimp . And I second the heavily planted idea! I think you'll have a really awesome nano setup with some very happy shrimp friends!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MickiB
Replies
Views
Castiel*
Replies
Views
Fishfishfish3
Replies
Views