55 Gallon Tank What can I add with a Full grown Angelfish

BigB322

Hello,
I have a fully grown 6"x8" Veiltail Panda Angelfish, I am trying to add some colorful/active tankmates with it that are more community based and are mid/top water column fish. I already have 8 Albino Corydoras 1 1/2 - 2" with it, and a Blue Gourami 4". I don't want Danios or Neon Tetras or anything she might think is a snack. Any advice would be appreciated!

JettsPapa

I have a shoal of turquoise rainbowfish with my angelfish, and it seems to be working well.

Upvote 0

BigB322

I have a shoal of turquoise rainbowfish with my angelfish, and it seems to be working well.
How many is in your shoal?

Upvote 0

Leeman75

It seems to me that with a large Angel like that and a largish Gourami, you may want more of a mid (not top) fish.

Depending on what size fish you're looking for, Electric Blue Acaras are very colorful and mine swim all over, but primarily mid-tank (unless it's feeding time!). Rainbow Cichlids are colorful too and have a similar range to EBAs. Their behavior is quite fun if you get a few of them.

If you're truly wanting the top and mid...the Rainbows suggested are a good idea. Most others in that range will be tetras and the like. Skirt Tetras can be cool and not a snack. They also have a unique shape to them too that looks a tiny bit like an Angel if you squint!

Upvote 0

BigB322

It seems to me that with a large Angel like that and a largish Gourami, you may want more of a mid (not top) fish.

Depending on what size fish you're looking for, Electric Blue Acaras are very colorful and mine swim all over, but primarily mid-tank (unless it's feeding time!). Rainbow Cichlids are colorful too and have a similar range to EBAs. Their behavior is quite fun if you get a few of them.

If you're truly wanting the top and mid...the Rainbows suggested are a good idea. Most others in that range will be tetras and the like. Skirt Tetras can be cool and not a snack. They also have a unique shape to them too that looks a tiny bit like an Angel if you squint!
Thank you I will look into those!

Upvote 0

RandomFishBoi

If you want fish that stay only at the waters surface then you could try marbled and/or silver hatchet fish. They stay at the top and are unique for such a small and common fish.

Upvote 0

tuggerlake26

I've had angels with bottom dwelling dwarf cichlids and they've been ok. Apistos, rams, etc. Just make sure they aren't too small to eat.

Sounds like a beautiful fish!

Upvote 0

LeviS

I have cherry barbs with my 2. Ive also kept rasboras and lemon tetras with them. I have 2 electric blue acaras in a separate tank. Mine were super aggressive toward flowing fins and I would be scared to put them together.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
veggieshark
  • Question
Replies
Views
Leeman75
Replies
Views
HummingbirdNSabath