What can I add to my platys?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by MandaPanda, Dec 4, 2012.

1. M

MandaPanda New Member Member

I have a 20 gallon freshwater tank set up with 5 platys (2 panda, 2 bumblebee, and 1 red wag) with 3 peppered corys. I would like to add some more colorful community fish to befriend my platys:) I was thinking about mollies, but someone mentioned to me that they require a little salt in their water, and I don't want that to affect my platys or Cory's. Any suggestions?

I was also thinking about kuhli loaches, I LOVE their looks, and I have a slate cave that they would love. Anyone have experience with these as well?

Thank you in advance!!

><> ><> ><>

2. fishynoob

fishynoob Well Known Member Member

Personally I wouldn't go for two types of livebearer in the same tank unless it is huge ofc.

3. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Hello and welcome to Fishlore! :;toast
    I would up your cory school to 6, they'll be more comfortable that way imo. Once you've done that the bottom should be pretty busy so I don't know that kuhlis would be a good idea.

4. AquariaUK

AquariaUK Valued Member Member

Three more cories, and a honey gourami?

5. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

Mollies prefer some salt, but do not require it. However, they are too large for a 20g, and produce an even bigger amount of waste XD

If you want to get the kuhlis, you'll need to switch out the cories. If you want to keep the cories, a school of 6 is to be recommended.

6. OP
    OP
    M

MandaPanda New Member Member

Thank you all for the advice, I've decided to get some more corys so they feel at home :)

7. Donnerjay

Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

:sign0016: to FishLore!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice