What Can I Add To My Betta Tank

Brizburk

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 years
abarb said:
My tank is 15 gallon with a male betta and a nerite snail. There are live plants and sand. What else can I add to the tank besides shrimp and snails?
Photo of tank?

Bettas can be difficult, especially in such a small tank.

OP
abarb

abarb

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry about the bad quality of the picture. I can add more plants. There is one corner completely covered in plants but I’m waiting for them to grow some more since the tank is pretty new. I didn’t get the whole tank in the photo.
It looks kind of like the tank of another member but that was not on purpose. I did use the same method for a pre intake filter though.

Attachments

OP
abarb

abarb

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
I tried some ghost shrimp but they all died in a few weeks. I cycled the tank, added cuttlebone, and drip acclimated for almost 2 hours.

GeoffPro

Reactions
Experience
1 year
From what I know ghost shrimp and amano shrimp are much different...but I've never kept ghost shrimp before so! Btw amano shrimp are really good at cleaning live plants

Brizburk

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 years
Jimothy K said:
Zebra Danios. I like Long finned ones, and leopard danios.
Arent zebra danios a colder water fish than the betta? Depending on the betta it may nip and chase other fish

Jimothy K

Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
they are slightly colder, but I have kept them together with no fin nipping, and they do well in warmer water.

wrs2

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Ember Tetras would be great! They stay nice and small and should be fine with a betta.
Depending on the length of the tank, Harlequin Rasbora should work as well. I obviously wouldn't get as many as the Ember tetras as they are larger, but still I've kept them with a betta in a 10 gallon before with no issues. Though I now have a new one who seems to be a bit of a jerk, so I guess it depends on the fish. Though typically it should be a fine combo.

OP
abarb

abarb

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
It’s 20 inches long. What about kuhlI loaches?

OP
abarb

abarb

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
I added more plants and a nerite snail. If I add kuhlI loaches can I also have something else? I have the clown pleco in another tank because it gets along with the bristlenose.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom