What bright colored fish to add?

mamia

Hello. I would like to add smaller bright colored fish and possibly a yellow tang but not sure. I am confused about compatibility issues. Placed yellow tail damsel in and it tormented the clown and trigger for 2 hours they tried to evade it. Neither has shown any aggression ever. The damsel got its own tank til i figure it out.
Any ideas, suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Mia

Attachments

• 20210223_135531_HDR.jpg
    20210223_135531_HDR.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210223_141642_HDR.jpg
    20210223_141642_HDR.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 22

ChrissFishes01

How big of a tank is this?

Depending on tank size, I might opt for a type of Dottyback, or maybe a Hawkfish of some sort. With the trigger and (maroon?) clown, it's going to be an aggressive tank.

The clown looks pretty young (although it's a picture, so size is hard to say), so let it grow up a little, and it'll put the damsel in its' place. I've got some Clarkii Clowns, and they keep my Yellowtails in line.

Upvote 0

mamia

How big of a tank is this?

Depending on tank size, I might opt for a type of Dottyback, or maybe a Hawkfish of some sort. With the trigger and (maroon?) clown, it's going to be an aggressive tank.

The clown looks pretty young (although it's a picture, so size is hard to say), so let it grow up a little, and it'll put the damsel in its' place. I've got some Clarkii Clowns, and they keep my Yellowtails in line.
A 60 gallon tank. Will upgrade to a 150 after hurricane season

Upvote 0

AquaPhilNJ

I have a similar sized tank I have in mine clownfish, royal gramma (basslet) , melanurus wrasse, jawfish goby, cardinal fish.

I think my tank is full my regrets are there is somewhat a lack of movement. My cardinal fish is #1 fish that doesn't really move much, he swims in place all day. clownfish has great personality decent movement mostly around his corner. royal gramma fish thought he would be a swimmer not so much; melanurus wrasse lots of movement great fish peaceful (oddly doesn't eat worms in tank only pellets : / not wild breed); jawfish goby is sand swelling fish he dug hole and stays there with his head sticking out all day, fun personality.
Long ago had flamehawk fish had great movement and personality but he did eat all my cleaner shrimp, he didn't eat the hermit crabs. I failed to keep alive (long ago) a butterflyfish and tang.

Upvote 0

mamia

I have a similar sized tank I have in mine clownfish, royal gramma (basslet) , melanurus wrasse, jawfish goby, cardinal fish.

I think my tank is full my regrets are there is somewhat a lack of movement. My cardinal fish is #1 fish that doesn't really move much, he swims in place all day. clownfish has great personality decent movement mostly around his corner. royal gramma fish thought he would be a swimmer not so much; melanurus wrasse lots of movement great fish peaceful (oddly doesn't eat worms in tank only pellets : / not wild breed); jawfish goby is sand swelling fish he dug hole and stays there with his head sticking out all day, fun personality.
Long ago had flamehawk fish had great movement and personality but he did eat all my cleaner shrimp, he didn't eat the hermit crabs. I failed to keep alive (long ago) a butterflyfish and tang.
Hello. Were the Butterfly fish and the tang really hard to care for? Sorry they passed

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

Hello. Were the Butterfly fish and the tang really hard to care for? Sorry they passed
I had a longnose butterfly for a long time. As long as you get one that's accepting frozen foods, they're easy enough. Just gotta put guards on powerheads - they stick their snout into EVERYTHING.

Upvote 0

mamia

I don't have any powerheads yet. The tank is bare only 2 heaters, filter and some coral skeletons collected (bought) over many years. After hurricane season i will get a 150/200 gallon so they have more room, and to add more coral skeletons i have. I like the look of sponge too. Taking a trip to Tarpons Spring, i hear the sponge docks have some amazing pieces

Attachments

• 20210303_151909~2.jpg
    20210303_151909~2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mamia
  • Question
50 Gallon Tank Buying new fish
Replies