What Breed Of Betta Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Lonnie, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Lonnie

LonnieValued MemberMember

Tonight I watched a YouTube clip that presented 15 different breeds of Betta fish. I happen to have two of the 'common Betta' fish from Walmart. What breeds do other people have and where did you purchase them?

Thank you,

Lonnie

2. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

What do you mean? Breed in like wild bettas and betta splendens? or like tail types? I only have betta splendens (10 of them). Wild bettas are so pricy!

3. OP
    OP
    Lonnie

Different genetic breeds of Betta Fish. Such as the Yellow Betta, Crown Tail , Mustard Gas Betta. Those are the ones I remember from the video. I will look up betta splendens up on the internet. Thank you for responding.

4. InsanityShard

InsanityShardWell Known MemberMember

No idea exactly what mine is beyong a Veiltail, but he's rainbow! <3

Attached Files:

5. JLeeM

JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

I have a half moon betta splendens.
    IMG_20170824_132516038_HDR.jpg

6. Tsin21

Tsin21Well Known MemberMember

I currently have three:

A Steel Blue Halfmoon:
    IMG-20180315-WA0001.jpeg

A Female Red Veiltail:
    20171221_200501-jpg.jpg

A Female Marble Halfmoon:
    20180217_221501-jpg.jpg
    I used think that she's a plakat but now that she's older she's really halfmoon since her fins had gotten longer.

A Male Royal Blue Double Tail - He passed away two months ago...
    ltn7yzh-jpg-jpg.jpg

All are domestic betta splendens.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  7. WanhiBetta

WanhiBettaValued MemberMember

I have a veiltail (first picture) and a butterfly halfmoon (second picture)
    IMG_0907.jpg

This is the only picture I have that really shows his color. The picture is really old though, his fins are much longer now. When I got him he only had the blue part of his fins (not because he was young, probably because he got bad finrot) so it's still growing.
    IMG_0954.JPG

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. OP
    OP
    Lonnie

This is the onlt picture I have that really shows he's color. The picture is really old though, his fins are much longer now. When I got him he only had the blue part of his fins (not because he was young, probably because he got bad finrot) so it's still growing.
    View attachment 431890 [/QUOTE]

I like the blue betta the best. Thank you for sharing the photos.

I like the Steel Blue Halfmoon the best. Thank you for responding and sharing your photos.

Beautiful Betta! What kind of camera did you use for the photograph?

The picture is awesome! I have heard of some Bettas being over a $100.00. That is what I thought of when I saw your picture. Thank you for sharing.

The picture is beautiful! What kind of camera did you use to take the picture?

The Steel Blue Betta is awesome!

I would like to thank everyone for sharing their photos. Have learned more about Betta's today.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  9. JLeeM

JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

Thank you. I assure you he's not one of those bettas. Lol. He was around $10 at PetSmart. I bet a $100 betta is beautiful though.

10. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

Oh! I have a multi color male Veiltail, Paradise halfmoon male betta, Red veiltail female betta, Koi female betta, A tri color halfmoon betta male, Blue veiltail male betta, Red fins with silver body halfmoon betta, Baby twin tail male betta, Another koi female betta, A red fin with blue body diamond eye betta.

11. Georgie Girl

Georgie GirlValued MemberMember

I wish I knew. When I got Boris, he was all white with eaten-up fins and tail. I've had him three weeks now. His fins and tail are growing in nicely; he looks different every day. I can't identify him, though. In color, his body remains white, while his fins and tail are the color of burnt charcoal which flash a weak iridescent green. Any ideas?

(I'm finishing his tank this weekend. Black substrate; thin out and distribute the plants; put on a black backing. I'm open to suggestions, too. (Five gallons)) 20180424_174703.jpg20180424_174630.jpg20180424_181415.jpg

12. WhatsUpGuys

WhatsUpGuysValued MemberMember

I don’t know if there are really any “breeds” of bettas. Only tail shapes and colors. Tail shapes can be halfmoon, crowntail, delta, veiltail, spade, plakat, crowntail plakat, and halfmoon plakat. And then any color you can imagine.

IMG_0143.JPG
    This is a pic of my white halfmoon from a while ago. He’s bit off most of his tail by now, but at least he swims a lot easier.

13. WanhiBetta

WanhiBettaValued MemberMember

Wow. He's absolutely stunning!

14. Nikki Tognetti

Nikki TognettiNew MemberMember

I have a Dumbo half-moon. I can't take very good pictures of him yet. Working on it. But he has layers of dark steely blue and mid/light blue. His fins are lighter than his body; milky white with some hints of pale purple and blue.

15. Raimy101

Raimy101New MemberMember

Here is my new halfmoon plakat and a cherry barb sneaking into the shot. Wish he would stay this color but he's slowly turning blue.

Attached Files:

16. WhatsUpGuys

WhatsUpGuysValued MemberMember

Thank you! Here him now, 2 years later.

17. RobinWhiskers

RobinWhiskersValued MemberMember

I used to have what looked like almost a full moon Betta even though he was sold as a Twin Tail Halfmoon (See profile picture). Sadly a mysterious illness took all the beautiful color and finnage from him and he died after six months. I'll always remember my first fish, my special boy Scuba.

My current fish Azzie who I've had for eight months is a Veiltail, but she's a female so she doesn't have very long fins. She's still gorgeous though!

18. Dch48

Dch48Well Known MemberMember

Mine is a Halfmoon with a dark purplish body and scarlet red fins. The fins, especially the tail, have black edging. He also has some iridescent blue highlights in his fins and on the top of his body. He's in the profile pic. Name is Benny.

19. Keeks

KeeksValued MemberMember

I have a black orchid crowntail!

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

20. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

I've kept too many betta splended morphs to remember them all, probably at least 30. However, the wild species i've kept are albimarginata, macrostoma, imbellis, gladiator, smargadina, and brownorum. Albimarginata are still my favorites.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice