what breed is my betta male?

1. lauras bettas Initiate Member

hi guys,

im not sure what breed midnight (my male betta) is . the pet shop titled him as a veil tail but he doesnt look like one .please help

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

3. lauras bettas Initiate Member

mm well its in my photos if that any help

picture is in albums

4. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Can you get a picture of your betta flaring? It looks like he has a fairly full tail but we would need to see the spread to be able to tell his tail type.

5. lauras bettas Initiate Member

sadly he doesnt flare ive tried mirrors and other thing etc but nothings working.

6. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Is it essential that you know? I've had some mystery tail Bettas that didn't fit in any category but I loved them anyway:)

7. lauras bettas Initiate Member

kinda of yeah because im very interested in getting back into beeding . but if not ill just use my rosetail or delta tail male

oh trust me i love my 12 bettas alot

8. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I would not breed your rose tail as they're known to have genetic problems and a shortened lifespan.

What type of female were you thinking of pairing him with?
    Flowingfins breeds, perhaps she can help:)

9. lauras bettas Initiate Member

i wasnt sure about the females since i have a round tail,veil tale,crowntail,delta tail and i couple others.oh yes i remember the rose tail genetics.

10. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Those are your females? That's quite the selection of tail types!

Try to be patient, it's early on a Sunday morning (5am here) and it will be a while before the forum is in full swing:)

11. lauras bettas Initiate Member

yes local breeders are really good and plus a couple crowntail females are mine from frys

12. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Wow, you must live in a big city to have breeders nearby!

13. lauras bettas Initiate Member

well not really actually .i live in a small town because i need land for my 3 horsws

14. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

You can start a thread in the horse section of the forum! Post pictures, I love horses:)

15. lauras bettas Initiate Member

actually i will

16. Annie424 Well Known Member Member

Can anyone tell me how to access the 'albums' to see Laura's photos? I'm not finding anything and am sure it is because I don't know where to look! :;dk

17. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Click on Laura's name & go to her profile, then click on Gallery tab.

18. Annie424 Well Known Member Member