What brand of tank do you recommend?

Finneon
We had a leak in our tank and lost a lot of our fish today. We have a 10 gallon tank, and that's where the survived are currently living. I sought advice on what steps to take next in LEAK - What's next? | Freshwater Tank Equipment 432883

Because it's my daughter's pet fish, her grandmother has asked if she can replace the tank/setup for her Christmas present. There is one Saltwater LFS and the rest of them are big box stores. So here I am asking about tank recommendations!! I'm aiming for 30 gallons, but am open to bigger if the price isn't crazy. The furniture I had the tank on is 14" x 38," but I'm might be able to work out a different stand.

What do you recommend? What should I stay away from at all costs?

koigal
Curious also

juniperlea
40g breeder. Longer means more fish! It's my dream tank! Plus you can add another tank or tanks to the old stand, on down the road! Didn't your pleco survive the leak? He'd probably like a longer tank..... I think breeder tanks are cheaper, too. But, someone else might know better about that.....

jinjerJOSH22
I like Fluval Roma, the 125 is about 33 gallons. They're a little pricey but I really like them. I got both of mine for less than £150 each second hand with cabinets, filtration and lights.
My Roma 200 which is 52 gallons cost me £300 new without the cabinet but including filtration, lights etc.. to give you an idea of the pricing albeit in £.

Mr. Kgnao
As far as I know, most all of the standard sized rimmed tanks are produced by a single manufacturer and rebranded afterwards. They're solid tanks in my opinion; all tanks will fail eventually, but in the short term (5-10 years) the odds are on your side.

kallililly1973
$1 per gallon sales at the chain stores. I would either do a 20 long or a 40 breeder. Aqueon

Finneon
For those of you who may be interested, they opted to get her the Aqueon 45 Gallon tank. It was available locally, and it's nice and long. I'm really looking forward to seeing her realize it's hers.

coralbandit
Make sure the stand is sufficient .Often poor stands are the major cause of leaks in tanks if the silicone was just not poor or the tank very old ..
I have tanks over 30 years still filled .Most don't even remember O'Dell tanks anymore !
Nice on the 45 ,Most my new tanks are Aqueon and none have had a problem ..
I hope your daughter really enjoys it ,we need more fish people ,thanks for doing this for her .

Finneon
Make sure the stand is sufficient .Often poor stands are the major cause of leaks in tanks if the silicone was just not poor or the tank very old.

Yes, I am intending to be much more particular about where and how we set it up this time.

Nobote
Landen or Waterbox.

Fluvals are pretty good and more affordable.

I wish I still had All Glass aquariums from the 90s. Those were built like tanks.

saltwater60
I just bought an aqueon and the silicone job is done very nicely.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
tropical fish lover
Replies
Views
GouramiGirl100
  • Question
Replies
Views
AmStatic
Replies