Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

What Best Foods To Give To Any Type Of Cory Catfish

1. Alphafish98

Alphafish98 Valued Member Member

hello a quick question, can someone tell me what are the best foods to give to Cory’s like the brand and type of food etc. I’m gonna get Cory’s soon and I just want them to have the best kind of diet and also what are things they can’t have.

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

3. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

They also really like fresh or frozen foods.

I feed my cories diced up shrimp, bloodworms, brine shrimp, and basically whatever the fish in my aquarium are fed.

4. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Okay thanks

5. 75g Discus Tank

Also, cories are carnivorous. Do not feed them veggies or algae wafers expecting them to eat it.

6. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Okay so they won’t eat it and they will only eat meaty foods okay. The other fish I will eat it.

7. 75g Discus Tank

Yup!
    They may nibble on them, but they shouldn’t be fed just that.

8. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Okay thank you

9. bluedreams21

bluedreams21 New Member Member

If you do get shrimp pellets, try to get pellets that have their first several ingredients as things starting with "whole," such as "whole krill," "whole salmon," "whole herring." The lower quality pellets have their first ingredients as fish meal, soybean powder, wheat meal, etc.

10. mattgirl

mattgirl Well Known Member Member

I have had good luck with the Omega One brand of fish food including shrimp pellets, blood worm and tubifex worms. I feel like I am feeding my Cory's and everyone else well with this line of products. I also feed them Hakari Sinking wafers.

11. M

Michael Hammond New Member Member

12. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Advertising