What Are Your Prices?

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm a little curious as to what everyone prices for fish are. I dont know why, it's interesting to see the difference in price. What are your prices for just your basic fish, like a single cory, a neon tetra and a gourami?

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
As in, how much would a gourami, a single neon tetra and a single cory cost at you lfs? Like your common, basic tropical fish.

wolfdog01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Well for bettas usually our Petco sells them anywhere between $5-$25. I think the lower ranges are veils, crowns, and basic colors, meanwhile roses, halfmoons, and kois are on the upper end. My koi was $20, I got my halfmoon from PetSmart but I don't remember their prices.

TexasGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Neon Tetras a $2 or so, and cardinals are $4. I think my corys were around $4-5, and my turquoise rainbows were $9. I've blown WAY more money on equipment, filters, CO2, tanks...
My fish cost is a round-off error in comparison.

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My fish store is pretty expensive, but the quality is excellent. IME, fish are not something to ship around for, so I have no problem paying twice as much at a great store than half that at a sub-par store

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In Melbourne, a single cory can be anywhere between $5-50 depending on species and whatnot. Common species are around $5-8 each.

A single neon is normally $1-5 each... usually $1.50....

A gourami - depends on species. For the more common ones, expect to pay around $7 or so.

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Almost forgot to put mine in lol

A cory here like a standard peppered is about 1.69 a pop

neon tetras are about 1.39 a pop

My golden gourami planters was only about 4 dollars

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I get my albino cories for $3.99, my Cherry Barbs were $3.99 as well, bristlenose was $7.99, mystery snail $2.99, honey gourami was $4.99
My Celestial Pearl Danios that I bought for my 31 gallon tank were $11.99 each, cost me $141.00 for a dozen.

I know, that's extremely pricey.

Jenoli42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So, fishless cycles are more popular where you live?
lol you'd think so but ignorance of cycles is prevalent in all countries!

our lfs guarantees their fish for 30 days. I don't know how they stay in business but I've certainly used that guarantee... and they let borrow their QTs.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My Celestial Pearl Danios that I bought for my 31 gallon tank were $11.99 each, cost me $141.00 for a dozen.

I know, that's extremely pricey.
That would be unheard of in Auz. They sell here for around $40 each.

Ouch, at least in auz things are usually a little cheaper - not by much, cardinals are cheaper mostly - than Nz.

Brannor

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
lol you'd think so but ignorance of cycles is prevalent in all countries!
ops:

Fish prices vary greatly here in Aus. And the quality too. I've found you pay a bit more at Petbarn, but all the stores we've been to, they've maintained their tanks well. There are some stores that I just couldn't buy a fish from no matter the price...those poor fish in those tanks...

Yellow shrimp in stores go for around $10
RCS are like $2
Anything (shrimp) else you have to try get online or hope you have a breeder nearby.

A young Black Knife (under 10cm) is about $25
As it is hard to source glass shrimp here where I am, as well as Kuhli Loaches, I am quite tempted to buy some fish from an online store that ships them here in Aus...

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
In central Florida:
Peppered Cory: $3.99 - $6.99
Neon Tetra: $1.99 - $2.50
Dwarf Gourami: $4.99 - $7.99

Prices based on my area and vary by chain store and lfs.

Jenoli42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That would be unheard of in Auz. They sell here for around $40 each.

Ouch, at least in auz things are usually a little cheaper - not by much, cardinals are cheaper mostly - than Nz.
at least you can get CPDs!!! they're illegal to import to NZ such cool looking fish. sigh

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom