What are your confessions?

erinw347

This is a thread for all of the weird/embarrassing things that have happened to you in the hobby! I’ll start.

I once had a bladder snail living in my toilet.

Betta'sAnonymous

I once had a betta just straight up disappear without a trace. We never found a body in or near the tank. Still not sure if cats(possible) or aliens(probable).

erinw347 said:
This is a thread for all of the weird/embarrassing things that have happened to you in the hobby! I’ll start.

I once had a bladder snail living in my toilet.
In the tank or the bowl?

Bettybrown922

I once (ok,maybe more than once) have eaten a snack after having my arms in my shrimp/snail tank without washing my hands/arms first. Yep. That has happened.

erinw347

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I once had a betta just straight up disappear without a trace. We never found a body in or near the tank. Still not sure if cats(possible) or aliens(probable).

In the tank or the bowl?
The bowl

Bettybrown922 said:
I once (ok,maybe more than once) have eaten a snack after having my arms in my shrimp/snail tank without washing my hands/arms first. Yep. That has happened.
Yeah, i might do that too

Unknown9182

I once prepared garlic flavored food for my fish and put in the garlic chunks with the food, tank smelled garlicy for a week. My dogs would sneer whenever they got close.

Leilio

I once put together my wood hardscape for my 20 gallons long thinking they are going to sink. When I put my water in, all the wood floated. One month later, some of them are still floating

MySquishy

Maybe not weird here...
I’ve spent hours comparing fish food ingredients, and only after finding “the best” do I narrow down the choices further by comparing price per gram.

AggressiveAquatics

I’ll start, I’m 18 years old and still close my eyes At the movies when a scary trailer comes on

AquaticQueen

Darwinthebloodparrot said:
I’ll start, I’m 18 years old and still close my eyes At the movies when a scary trailer comes on
Don't be ashamed of that. I'm 44 and I still close my eyes at scary scenes and such.

JettsPapa

AquaticQueen said:
Don't be ashamed of that. I'm 44 and I still close my eyes at scary scenes and such.
I'm 59, and I don't go to scary movies. I never have.

AquaticQueen

JettsPapa said:
I'm 59, and I don't go to scary movies. I never have.
I'm not even sure the ones I watch are even classified as horror movies. I can't take most of them.

Donovan Jones

I cant even be in the room lol

Betta'sAnonymous

Personally, i LOVE scary movies! Pretty tame compared to real life IMO.

Me, i almost can't stand to watch the NFL ever, but i am hooelessly addicted to fantasy football.

Dippiedee

Im a vegetarian but...
I ate a tuna melt panini the other day. I also feel temptation when it comes to mcdonalds chicken nuggets

RandomFishBoi

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Personally, i LOVE scary movies! Pretty tame compared to real life IMO.

Me, i almost can't stand to watch the NFL ever, but i am hooelessly addicted to fantasy football.
I movie with a clown that can defy the laws of physics to... do horrible things to people, is tame compared to reality to you? The scariest thing I have seen in reality is a several inch spider. Not a tarantula, but a hairless spider. Those really creep me out. I love tarantulas though.

Betta'sAnonymous

RandomFishBoi said:
I movie with a clown that can defy the laws of physics to... do horrible things to people, is tame compared to reality to you? The scariest thing I have seen in reality is a several inch spider. Not a tarantula, but a hairless spider. Those really creep me out. I love tarantulas though.
The difference is horror movies aren't real. The stuff i have seen, it is.

goldface

Dippiedee said:
Im a vegetarian but...
I ate a tuna melt panini the other day. I also feel temptation when it comes to mcdonalds chicken nuggets
I would've thought being a vegetarian, a nice bloody steak would have been your downfall, not canned tuna and cheap chicken
RandomFishBoi said:
Real life can be terrible. I mean reality vs. make-believe, I choose make-believe. It's why we love entertainment.

My confession is I hate people. There are a lot of great individuals, but in a general sense, I hate everybody. I blame cancel culture.

ferg42995

Dippiedee said:
Im a vegetarian but...
I'm not sure McDonald's chicken nuggets are actually considered meat so you may be safe there.

Dippiedee

Cancel culture is simply "justified" cyberbullying

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
Cancel culture is simply "justified" cyberbullying
The irony is, in my observations, is it is very often done by the crowd that preaches against bullying! Which is why i listen to almost no one besides my wife and the signer of my paycheck.

Latest threads

Top Bottom