What Are You Listening To? - Page 23

ghostdawg

This is little late but here goes....

John Lennon - Merry Christmas- War Is Over

Betta'sAnonymous

One of my favorite Bowie songs...played by one of my favorite bands...

Betta'sAnonymous

This is what happens when the kids watch Spongebob all day...

CHJ

Ministry
As loud as possible.

Betta'sAnonymous

CHJ said:
Ministry
As loud as possible.
I don't always listen to Ministry...but when i do, so does the entire prairie!!!!

AcornTheBetta

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I don't always listen to Ministry...but when i do, so does the entire prairie!!!!
I sure hope no one kills your vibes...

Betta'sAnonymous

AcornTheBetta said:
I sure hope no one kills your vibes...
I'm a giant so people usually stay away....and if you listen to Ministry that loud, people usually assume i am mentally unhinged, as well. Sure would hate to prove them right...

AcornTheBetta

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I'm a giant so people usually stay away....and if you listen to Ministry that loud, people usually assume i am mentally unhinged, as well. Sure would hate to prove them right...
Lol. You can just tell them to physical distance so they can't touch whatever it's playing out of if you stand near it lol.

Equestrianhammy

I listen to NF.
My favourite songs by him are as follows:
-let you down
-paid my dues
-time
I used to hate all music until I found him, which is strange, as a female teen doesn’t typically listen to rap! XD

coralbandit

Robert Cray
Billy Paul
Bill Withers

Betta'sAnonymous

Instrumental mood this morning. Steve Vai, ladies and gentlemen!

Frisbee

This is simply superb.

ghostdawg

I didn't know this exist...

MacZ

Betta'sAnonymous

My mom played this cassette to death!

DoubleDutch

A Dutch made song (in English) for my Connecticut - love, who I am missing every single day.

Betta'sAnonymous

I was supposed to see them on this particular tour, but got stuck in Pakistan an extra couple weeks....so we got back a week too late

NevermindIgnoreMe

A few days before Christmas, me and my grandma had to run a quick errand to dollar general, and we walked in to this song loudly playing during the chorus into the song, and it was just so unique, obviously not your average Christmas song. I had never heard it before in my life, so I did a search for the lyrics and found it eventually.

Betta'sAnonymous

Love this song so much. I like this version too, David Byrne, no fear i swear!

Betta'sAnonymous

Instrumental day

Gamer

Leonard Cohen - Democracy

MacZ

Betta'sAnonymous

Jerome O'Neil

Sooo.... Back in the day when radio stations played records (the actual spinny kind) artists and promotional companies would send demo records to radio stations for airplay. I have a couple of them from various artists, including Marty Robbins and Sting.

Yesterday I pulled Sting's demo record of "If You Love Somebody" out of the pile, and was thrilled to learn there are three different versions of the song on it, none of which are what was finally released. There is one 8 minute version of the song, and while it is pretty terrible, it is cool that it is 8 minutes long.

So I've been listening to a lot of that.

Here's what you got, though.

Betta'sAnonymous

No story, just a fun song!

JettsPapa

This was my parents favorite song. They divorced around 1980, and my father passed away in 2007, but I still like it.

Papasmerf73

Most of of the time it's 80s music but I got a record player for Christmas with Nirvana Nevermind. That album is definitely top 3 of all time.

Betta'sAnonymous

JettsPapa said:
This was my parents favorite song. They divorced around 1980, and my father passed away in 2007, but I still like it.

I was raised on his Christmas music

juniperlea

One of my all time favorites.

TheFISH12

I just listen to this on repeat for 1 hour...

Dechi

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
A few days before Christmas, me and my grandma had to run a quick errand to dollar general, and we walked in to this song loudly playing during the chorus into the song, and it was just so unique, obviously not your average Christmas song.
Boney M was very popular in the 80’s. I hadn’t heard this song in such a long time ! Thank you for that.

On a side note, these days they would form bands based on looks and sex appeal. I believe none of the people in Boney M really sang. The good looking guy didn’t for sure.

Frisbee

TheFISH12 said:
I just listen to this on repeat for 1 hour...
What about this one?

TheFISH12

MacZ

Dechi said:
Boney M was very popular in the 80’s. I hadn’t heard this song in such a long time ! Thank you for that.

On a side note, these days they would form bands based on looks and sex appeal. I believe none of the people in Boney M really sang. The good looking guy didn’t for sure.
*shiver* Boney M are kind of from Germany. (It's complicated.) I grew up being forced to listen to that at a lot of family gatherings. Great, now I have "Rasputin" in my head... :confused: You can imagine I'm not a fan. (Admittedly there is a metal cover version of Ma Baker I like as a guilty pleasure.)

And yes, Boney M was full playback. You listen to Boney M you hear the voice of the producer. The stage performers were all just dancers.
Little Trivia: That guy behind the "Band", has written and/or produced songs for so many people... Among them Milli Vanilli and... Meat Loaf. Just going by output and sales one of the bigger names in music here, though nobody really knows his face. Good for him, he's basically incognito except for musicians.

Dechi

MacZ said:
Among them Milli Vanilli and... Meat Loaf.
Oh boy, these Milli Vanilli guys were something else... Meat Loaf at least had some good songs.

ghostdawg

Wes Montgomery during a Beatles cover, A Day in the Life...

sairving

My musical tastes are all over the place. Lately I've been listening to Rammstein and I found out I still remember all the lyrics to Welcome to the black Parade. Tomorrow I could be listening to something completely different.

ghostdawg

I'm all over the place too. Growing up I was in 2 bands until around high school days.

JettsPapa

kanzekatores

Betta'sAnonymous

Needed a mood booster today.

coralbandit

JettsPapa

Gypsy13

In the Pines-Dick Jr & The Volunteers. Calms me.

ghostdawg

I'm a Man

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl

When I was 5 this album came out. My aunt babysat us and listened to this record along with Fleetwood Mac Rumors and the Eagles Hotel California. She listened to them every day. I knew the words by heart back then and I still love those albums. This is my Favorite Heart song.....maybe tied with Magic Man

Betta'sAnonymous

By far my favorite Go-Go's song

StarGirl

Dunk2

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom