What Are You Listening To? - Page 20

kanzekatores

This is what I got from the record store today.

CTYankee79

kanzekatores said:

Ah definitely maybe, one of the best records of the 90s!

Betta'sAnonymous

kanzekatores said:

Pretty sure i had that Oasis album about the day it was released.

CTYankee79

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Pretty sure i had that Oasis album about the day it was released.
I did too!

Betta'sAnonymous

ghostdawg

I'm Aware
I'm Alive
I'm Alone
He was blind, homeless, sick and sad, but this song left the solar system.

KinderScout

English baroque opera at it's finest made contemporary - Purcell was a genius - and here the Cold Genius Rises

Gypsy13

I’m currently listening to my Kipp’s nails clacking on the floor. He wants to go back out to make sure his dad really left.

Betta'sAnonymous

RIP Eddie van Halen

MacZ

The Doors - Light my Fire

But not on Youtube. On vinyl.

FishGirl115

Night Light -Illenium
Be Kind - Marshmello
hall of fame - the script
My fish tanks lol

Betta'sAnonymous

RIP Johnny Nash

kumorisan

I've been listening to a lot of future funk lately. Sometimes I listen to lofi hip hop when I'm trying to study. I also like Vocaloid music... So, I have really weird interests... OwO

Jerome O'Neil

Betta'sAnonymous said:
RIP Eddie van Halen
That was the first record I ever owned. And it was a 33 LP, too.

Van Halen was the first band I was ever really, really into. I saw them with DLR a couple of times. Then 1984 came out and were never the same due to radio ready pop. The longest stretch of dead air I've ever heard on commercial radio was the DJs on KISW immediately after their "debut of the first single from VH's new album, "Jump!" Which is a horrible song and everyone knew it. I think they peaked with Women and Children First.

I love Sammy Hagar, but I never liked him fronting for VH.

Sad day, anyway. First Justin Townes Earle, now EVH. I fear for who's next.

ghostdawg

Betta'sAnonymous said:
RIP Johnny Nash
This is the first of hearing of his passing. Sorry to hear it, may he RIP!

ghostdawg

Betta'sAnonymous

To start the weekend.

KinderScout

ghostdawg said:
back in the day in days I barely remember I had an album of Hendrix playing 12 string versions of his classics - can't find a copy now

WrenFeenix

I’ve been getting into fantasy metal again lately. This song is presumably about a Viking.
Nothing says metal like a T-Rex on the album artwork.

MacZ

WrenFeenix said:
I’ve been getting into fantasy metal again lately. This song is presumably about a Viking.
Nothing says metal like a T-Rex on the album artwork.
Stratovarius where never my thing, but ... oy... 20 years ago I really liked stuff like this:

But nowerdays when I think of vikings I listen to this:

ghostdawg

KinderScout

MacZ said:
Stratovarius where never my thing, but ... oy... 20 years ago I really liked stuff like this:

But nowerdays when I think of vikings I listen to this:
sorry but if Vikings are involved it has to be (and excuse the Spanish best I could find)

The sheer concentration - King Kong - enjoy

Mii

eurobeat

ghostdawg

MacZ

KinderScout said:
sorry but if Vikings are involved it has to be (and excuse the Spanish best I could find)
But as you say spanish. The Inquisition was here tonight! Totally unexpected!

Betta'sAnonymous

Seems the right season for this

KinderScout

MacZ said:
But as you say spanish. The Inquisition was here tonight! Totally unexpected!

Brilliant - I still have the vinyl in the attic somewhere - one of the many albums on my phone and a perennial favourite still.

MacZ

KinderScout said:
Brilliant - I still have the vinyl in the attic somewhere - one of the many albums on my phone and a perennial favourite still.
I'd love to have that one even on CD. It's 4 years older than me.
Used the track as the base for a jam session once this year, it's part of my playlists since. But generally listening to a lot of (dark) wave and post-punk.

Jerome O'Neil

KinderScout said:
back in the day in days I barely remember I had an album of Hendrix playing 12 string versions of his classics - can't find a copy now
Jimmi is buried about 15 miles from my house. When I was a kid, giving him a visit and blowing a joint was sort of a right of passage.

Statue of him up on Capital Hill, too.

FishGirl115

Rise- Katy Perry
Unstoppable- Sia
Revolutionary- Josh Wilson

Jerome O'Neil

One of the top 5 live albums of all time.

Betta'sAnonymous

Jerome O'Neil said:

One of the top 5 live albums of all time.
I think this video has been permanently embedded in my youtube viewing for a few years.

Friday song!!

ghostdawg

Sting doing a cover of Jimi Hendrix's "Up from the Skies"

ghostdawg

Pt. 2 - Resolution

Pt. 1- Acknowledgement

PaulThaAsian

I feel like this is way too new to post here lol but here is what I'm listening to at this moment

Frisbee

As a cellist, this is like the coolest thing ever.

JayAlva

I enjoy most genres, saw this performance and dug it. Reminds me of some prince stuff.

Jerome O'Neil

Frisbee said:
As a cellist, this is like the coolest thing ever.
Rushad Eggleston is the coolest cello thing that ever was...

PerfectSatyr683

My aquariums filter running XD

Betta'sAnonymous

Can already tell this one is gonna be stuck in my head for some time.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Sample of My Pasta-Bad Lip Reading
Lol I love BLR...The Star Wars blr music videos are funny as well. Hostile on the Hill is pretty catchy and obviously pretty comical. "Don't worry 'bout it Darius, 'cause I'm a mile high and I'm the scariest"

Frisbee

Jerome O'Neil said:
Rushad Eggleston is the coolest cello thing that ever was...

The playing is really good, but oh poor cello! Look at all the rosin collected on it. It’s like he’s never cleaned it ever. There is also random hippie style paint smears on the side. I feel like that cello was disgraced.

Jerome O'Neil

Frisbee said:
The playing is really good, but oh poor cello! Look at all the rosin collected on it. It’s like he’s never cleaned it ever. There is also random hippie style paint smears on the side. I feel like that cello was disgraced.
"Random hippy paint smear" is a near perfect description of Rushad. The dude is flat weird. He also gigs with Darol Anger and is occasionally seen in the company of Bela Fleck and Edgar Meyer.

Dude is no slouch. All that resin is because he plays that fiddle hard.

Mii

Still eurobeat.

MacZ

Frisbee said:
Those are the signs of an actual active musician's instrument. It looks used. It has to. It means this instrument sounds good and is great to handle. That's what counts. Not if the varnish is spotless. The instrument would only disgraced if it was set aflame or trashed.

Enjoying this right now.

Betta'sAnonymous

I honor of the birthday of the United States Marine Corps....

Frisbee

MacZ said:
Those are the signs of an actual active musician's instrument. It looks used. It has to. It means this instrument sounds good and is great to handle. That's what counts. Not if the varnish is spotless. The instrument would only disgraced if it was set aflame or trashed.

Enjoying this right now.

Jerome O'Neil said:
"Random hippy paint smear" is a near perfect description of Rushad. The dude is flat weird. He also gigs with Darol Anger and is occasionally seen in the company of Bela Fleck and Edgar Meyer.

Dude is no slouch. All that resin is because he plays that fiddle hard.
A cellist who plays their instrument a lot and cares for their instrument, cleans the rosin off after every play to keep the varnish from eroding. Yes, that rosin is the sign of heavy use, but also the sign of heavy use without cleaning. its A little bit of a phobia of mine I guess, I feel like if you play an instrument a lot and care about that instrument’s well being, then you should keep that instrument at its best. Most cellist with nice instruments, will even stop in the middle of a play if rosin is building up (as long as it’s not live). Also, that much powder is probably from cheap rosin. Nice rosin would take months to build up that much powder from playing... even played very hard.

secondly, it’s not a fiddle...

MacZ said:

Enjoying this right now.

That music is pretty cool. I’m of Viking decent myself, so it hits home.

coralbandit

Jackie Blue .
What's a winner if you never loose ?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom