What Are You Listening To? - Page 19

Jerome O'Neil

Justin Townes Earle died today at the age of 38. For you youngsters his dad, Steve Earle,is an absolute legend, and Justin was a better writer, which is saying a whole lot.

I saw JTE play live half a dozen times. He was one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters. My band covered a couple of his songs. So I'm going to go binge and feel bad for a while.

In the mean time, this is the song that hooked me. Title track from his first record.

Cold&warm

Jerome O'Neil said:
Justin Townes Earle died today at the age of 38. For you youngsters his dad, Steve Earle,is an absolute legend, and Justin was a better writer, which is saying a whole lot.

I saw JTE play live half a dozen times. He was one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters. My band covered a couple of his songs. So I'm going to go binge and feel bad for a while.

In the mean time, this is the song that hooked me. Title track from his first record.

I am sorry for your loss.
IMO being given the opportunity to admire people for the talents they have and enjoy how they share their gifts with the rest of humanity is a marvelous thing....

ghostdawg

Cold&warm

The Blue Diamonds, called the "Dutch Everly Brothers", were a duo who after WWII took the boat from their native Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia) to the Netherlands/Holland.
They became famous in 1960 with their version of "Ramona", which had been written to promote the 1928 movie with that title, starring Dolores del Rio. The Blue Diamonds' upbeat version of "Ramona" was the first record ever to sell over 250,000 copies in the Netherlands.
Today I am listening to their "Sukiyaki":
and various versions of the Japanese original, "Ue o muite arukoo" (from 00:34 to 04:43):

Betta'sAnonymous

kanzekatores

This is my favorite song right now.
The whole Heaven or Las Vegas album is pretty good.

Cold&warm

To whom it may concern:
"When I die, play something of Connie Francis ...", like for example:
And surely the song my mum would sing when we were still tiny enough to be taken in her arms:
(Hope to see her back in the afterlife...together with Connie Francis who will be there too by then.)

kanzekatores

This was originally made by the electronica experimentalist group Psapp and this combo really gives off a cool vibe I feel.
It’s also now the theme for the intro song to the medical drama Grey’s Anatomy.

Betta'sAnonymous

Happy Friday Song!!

erinw347

Gamer

Frank Sinatra
Fozzy
Ice cube
Morbid angel
Pink
Shania Twain
Leonard cohen
Nightwish
2pac
Slayer

all in my heavy rotation Currently

Leeman75

Gamer said:
Frank Sinatra
Fozzy
Ice cube
Morbid angel
Pink
Shania Twain
Leonard cohen
Nightwish
2pac
Slayer

Frank Sinatra, 2pac, Pink, and Slayer...fit together like Oscars, Tetras, Mbunas, and Khuli Loaches!!

Betta'sAnonymous

Gamer said:
Frank Sinatra
Fozzy
Ice cube
Morbid angel
Pink
Shania Twain
Leonard cohen
Nightwish
2pac
Slayer

I met Morbid Angel many years ago. A co-worker of mine used to be head of security for Fozzy.

Jerome O'Neil

Motorhead and Motley Crue.

Because they play rock and roll.

ghostdawg

Losing my religion...

ghostdawg

CTYankee79

Gamer said:
Frank Sinatra
Fozzy
Ice cube
Morbid angel
Pink
Shania Twain
Leonard cohen
Nightwish
2pac
Slayer

Was just watching a documentary about Leonard Cohen and Marianne, love his music

JettsPapa

CaptainAquatics

I know I have replied here before, but for the moment my favorite musical artist is Diamond Eyes. I don't see that changing anytime soon either. He makes very relatable songs, mostly about the hard times in his life. His lyrics always seem so sad and upset but the instrumental is almost always uplifting in his songs. Here are a few of my current favorites:

"I fell where my demons dwell.... My own little nightmare, I call it h***"

JettsPapa

Bonnie Bishop is on my list of top ten favorite female artists, and this is one of her best.

ghostdawg

Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar, by the way, which one's Pink?

Betta'sAnonymous

Perfect Friday song!

MacZ

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Perfect Friday song!
How fitting I had the whole live recording running earlier!

Right now this:

ghostdawg

Cat Stevens - Peace Train

MacZ

VNV Nation - Chrome

kattiq

Betta'sAnonymous

It's payday!!

Betta'sAnonymous

Fun friday song! This time courtesy of Dr. Hook

ghostdawg

Simple Man...

Coradee

Friendly reminder, any videos posted must abide by Fishlore rules, no bad language, drug references etc.

Basil

I really needed some Freddie this week. Listened to the whole “Live at Wembley” twice today.

qldmick

Nice one from Kings of Leon

Jerome O'Neil

A Side (that's a record thing, for you kids out there) of this album is fantastic.

Kjeldsen

Maria McKee & Stevie Ray Vaughn

Kjeldsen

BettasAreSuperior

I am a BTS fan!! Who else here is army? (BTS calls their fans ARMY)

FishAndDoom

I'm pretty excited for the Deftones album that drops midnight. Easily in my top 5 bands... White Pony is my favorite record at the moment

Betta'sAnonymous

FishAndDoom said:
I'm pretty excited for the Deftones album that drops midnight. Easily in my top 5 bands... White Pony is my favorite record at the moment
Defyones never really grew on me. I did see them in concert about... oh wow, 17 years ago...but the reason i went is because CKY was supposed to be the opening band. Get to the show and find out CKYs singer was sick, so they weren't playing.....

But a happier note, i have managed to catch CKY in concert a couple of tines since then!

ghostdawg

T-Rex -- Mambo Sun

Coradee

Despite my friendly reminder about being careful about lyrics/content we’ve had to remove more videos. If you can’t play by the rules then the thread will be shut down, final warning.

KinderScout

Coradee said:
Despite my friendly reminder about being careful about lyrics/content we’ve had to remove more videos. If you can’t play by the rules then the thread will be shut down, final warning.
My bad I believe wasn't thinking and sincere apologies - I'm guessing it was the video - ok to post without the video?

Betta'sAnonymous

KinderScout said:
My bad I believe wasn't thinking and sincere apologies - I'm guessing it was the video - ok to post without the video?
When i tried to play your video said "permission denied in this country" but i do like listening to some Nick Cave for sure!

Lucy

KinderScout said:
Probably best heed Coradee's warning and leave that one be. Directing to something inappropriate would be viewed as the same as posting it.

KinderScout

Lucy said:
Probably best heed Coradee's warning and leave that one be. Directing to something inappropriate would be viewed as the same as posting it.
With all due respect it was a polite question to Coradee - I think I've already respected their decision and apologised.

Betta'sAnonymous

Was watching this video a bit ago, was from a concert i worked back in february. Was doing stage security so you can actually see me a few times in it by Gene if you know who to look for lol

ghostdawg

Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Coradee

KinderScout said:
With all due respect it was a polite question to Coradee - I think I've already respected their decision and apologised.
I would have said the same as Lucy, if it isn't suitable to be posted here then it’s not suitable to be linked to either.
It wasn’t just your video that was removed several members videos have been removed.

ghostdawg

It's been 50 years ago this month, with the passing of the great guitarist Jimi Hendrix.

Gamer

Nightwish - sleeping sun

EgorAnonymous

CoryGuy1234 said:
l have the LP. lt was released the year l was born.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I just had to reply. I'm on a Chris Stapleton kick. He wrote the song "What are you listening to?"

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom