What Are You Listening To? - Page 19

Jerome O'Neil

Member
Justin Townes Earle died today at the age of 38. For you youngsters his dad, Steve Earle,is an absolute legend, and Justin was a better writer, which is saying a whole lot.

I saw JTE play live half a dozen times. He was one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters. My band covered a couple of his songs. So I'm going to go binge and feel bad for a while.

In the mean time, this is the song that hooked me. Title track from his first record.

 

Cold&warm

Member
Jerome O'Neil said:
Justin Townes Earle died today at the age of 38. For you youngsters his dad, Steve Earle,is an absolute legend, and Justin was a better writer, which is saying a whole lot.

I saw JTE play live half a dozen times. He was one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters. My band covered a couple of his songs. So I'm going to go binge and feel bad for a while.

In the mean time, this is the song that hooked me. Title track from his first record.

I am sorry for your loss.
IMO being given the opportunity to admire people for the talents they have and enjoy how they share their gifts with the rest of humanity is a marvelous thing....
 

ghostdawg

Member
 

Cold&warm

Member
The Blue Diamonds, called the "Dutch Everly Brothers", were a duo who after WWII took the boat from their native Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia) to the Netherlands/Holland.
They became famous in 1960 with their version of "Ramona", which had been written to promote the 1928 movie with that title, starring Dolores del Rio. The Blue Diamonds' upbeat version of "Ramona" was the first record ever to sell over 250,000 copies in the Netherlands.
Today I am listening to their "Sukiyaki":
and various versions of the Japanese original, "Ue o muite arukoo" (from 00:34 to 04:43):
.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
 

kanzekatores

Member
This is my favorite song right now.
The whole Heaven or Las Vegas album is pretty good.
 

Cold&warm

Member
To whom it may concern:
"When I die, play something of Connie Francis ...", like for example:
And surely the song my mum would sing when we were still tiny enough to be taken in her arms:
(Hope to see her back in the afterlife...together with Connie Francis who will be there too by then.)
 

kanzekatores

Member
This was originally made by the electronica experimentalist group Psapp and this combo really gives off a cool vibe I feel.
It’s also now the theme for the intro song to the medical drama Grey’s Anatomy.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Happy Friday Song!!
 

erinw347

Member
 

Gamer

Member
Frank Sinatra
Fozzy
Ice cube
Morbid angel
Pink
Shania Twain
Leonard cohen
Nightwish
2pac
Slayer

all in my heavy rotation Currently
 

Leeman75

Member
Gamer said:
Frank Sinatra
Fozzy
Ice cube
Morbid angel
Pink
Shania Twain
Leonard cohen
Nightwish
2pac
Slayer

all in my heavy rotation Currently
Frank Sinatra, 2pac, Pink, and Slayer...fit together like Oscars, Tetras, Mbunas, and Khuli Loaches!!
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Gamer said:
Frank Sinatra
Fozzy
Ice cube
Morbid angel
Pink
Shania Twain
Leonard cohen
Nightwish
2pac
Slayer

all in my heavy rotation Currently
I met Morbid Angel many years ago. A co-worker of mine used to be head of security for Fozzy.
 

Jerome O'Neil

Member
Motorhead and Motley Crue.

Because they play rock and roll.
 

ghostdawg

Member
Losing my religion...
 

ghostdawg

Member
 

CTYankee79

Member
Gamer said:
Frank Sinatra
Fozzy
Ice cube
Morbid angel
Pink
Shania Twain
Leonard cohen
Nightwish
2pac
Slayer

all in my heavy rotation Currently
Was just watching a documentary about Leonard Cohen and Marianne, love his music
 

JettsPapa

Member
 

CaptainAquatics

Member
I know I have replied here before, but for the moment my favorite musical artist is Diamond Eyes. I don't see that changing anytime soon either. He makes very relatable songs, mostly about the hard times in his life. His lyrics always seem so sad and upset but the instrumental is almost always uplifting in his songs. Here are a few of my current favorites:

"I fell where my demons dwell.... My own little nightmare, I call it h***"
 

JettsPapa

Member
Bonnie Bishop is on my list of top ten favorite female artists, and this is one of her best.

 

ghostdawg

Member
Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar, by the way, which one's Pink?

 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Perfect Friday song!
 

MacZ

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Perfect Friday song!
How fitting I had the whole live recording running earlier!

Right now this:

 

ghostdawg

Member
Cat Stevens - Peace Train


 

MacZ

Member

VNV Nation - Chrome
 

kattiq

Member
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
It's payday!!
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Fun friday song! This time courtesy of Dr. Hook

 

ghostdawg

Member
Simple Man...
 
  • Moderator

Coradee

Moderator
Member
Friendly reminder, any videos posted must abide by Fishlore rules, no bad language, drug references etc.
 

Basil

Member
I really needed some Freddie this week. Listened to the whole “Live at Wembley” twice today.
 

qldmick

Member
Nice one from Kings of Leon
 

Jerome O'Neil

Member
A Side (that's a record thing, for you kids out there) of this album is fantastic.

 

Kjeldsen

Member
Maria McKee & Stevie Ray Vaughn

 

Kjeldsen

Member
 

BettasAreSuperior

Member
I am a BTS fan!! Who else here is army? (BTS calls their fans ARMY)
 

FishAndDoom

Member
I'm pretty excited for the Deftones album that drops midnight. Easily in my top 5 bands... White Pony is my favorite record at the moment
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
FishAndDoom said:
I'm pretty excited for the Deftones album that drops midnight. Easily in my top 5 bands... White Pony is my favorite record at the moment
Defyones never really grew on me. I did see them in concert about... oh wow, 17 years ago...but the reason i went is because CKY was supposed to be the opening band. Get to the show and find out CKYs singer was sick, so they weren't playing.....

But a happier note, i have managed to catch CKY in concert a couple of tines since then!
 

ghostdawg

Member
T-Rex -- Mambo Sun

 
  • Moderator

Coradee

Moderator
Member
Despite my friendly reminder about being careful about lyrics/content we’ve had to remove more videos. If you can’t play by the rules then the thread will be shut down, final warning.
 

KinderScout

Member
Coradee said:
Despite my friendly reminder about being careful about lyrics/content we’ve had to remove more videos. If you can’t play by the rules then the thread will be shut down, final warning.
My bad I believe wasn't thinking and sincere apologies - I'm guessing it was the video - ok to post without the video?
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
KinderScout said:
My bad I believe wasn't thinking and sincere apologies - I'm guessing it was the video - ok to post without the video?
When i tried to play your video said "permission denied in this country" but i do like listening to some Nick Cave for sure!
 
  • Moderator

Lucy

Moderator
Member
KinderScout said:
My bad I believe wasn't thinking and sincere apologies - I'm guessing it was the video - ok to post without the video?
Probably best heed Coradee's warning and leave that one be. Directing to something inappropriate would be viewed as the same as posting it.
 

KinderScout

Member
Lucy said:
Probably best heed Coradee's warning and leave that one be. Directing to something inappropriate would be viewed as the same as posting it.
With all due respect it was a polite question to Coradee - I think I've already respected their decision and apologised.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Was watching this video a bit ago, was from a concert i worked back in february. Was doing stage security so you can actually see me a few times in it by Gene if you know who to look for lol
 

ghostdawg

Member
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
 
  • Moderator

Coradee

Moderator
Member
KinderScout said:
With all due respect it was a polite question to Coradee - I think I've already respected their decision and apologised.
I would have said the same as Lucy, if it isn't suitable to be posted here then it’s not suitable to be linked to either.
It wasn’t just your video that was removed several members videos have been removed.
 

ghostdawg

Member
It's been 50 years ago this month, with the passing of the great guitarist Jimi Hendrix.

 

Gamer

Member
Nightwish - sleeping sun
 

EgorAnonymous

Member
CoryGuy1234 said:
l have the LP. lt was released the year l was born.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I just had to reply. I'm on a Chris Stapleton kick. He wrote the song "What are you listening to?"
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view



Top Bottom