What are you doing?!

1. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Ive noticed over the past few days a rather unusual feature in Jenks small bubblenests. Baby snails. I figured they were getting up in there on their own, until i was watching Jenks and noticed him chasing one that had floated away and put it back into his nest.

*headdesk*

I had to walk away. My fish give me headaches sometimes.

2. escapay Well Known Member Member

Haha! That is too funny!

3. claireputput Well Known Member Member

:)

4. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

I cant even look at his tank right now. I was wondering why he was getting so flarey at me when i do my daily "kill all the pond snails" quest. I somehow managed to get a cluster of eggs in there and i don't want more so they are getting removed manually before they are big enough to breed. Then i saw that.. Sigh. I need to get him a woman.

5. FiscCyning Member Member

Awww he's going to be a daddy! Do you think the kids will figure out they're adopted? ;)

6. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Poor things. I hope he doesnt keep this up they need to eat at some point

7. _Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

I have had betta males build a nest and act like they are looking for eggs or fry on the bottom of the tank (w/o finding any), especially males who have already spawned. Seems your guy found some babies to take care of. It is pretty funny, like my ex's cat who like to try to nurture hamsters.

8. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Oh wow lol. Well maybe itll be good practice lol

9. smee82 Well Known Member Member

looks like hes going to breed pond snails for you

10. shayla1 Well Known Member Member

At least he knows what his potential job could be. I'd love some pictures of Jenks with his adopted offspring.

11. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

He shredded his nest again or i would lol. I was way too flabbergasted last night lol

12. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Hahaha that's so funny and cute. :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

13. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

I stole another "baby" tonight. He was not happy about it.