What are you doing to your tank today? - Page 66

tapwater

Wasn't to a tank, but did put a bunch of my extra decor and other extra fish stuff in little storage tubs so the cats can't keep knocking fish meds and other stuff off the shelves. Little devils.
hopefully theyll keep their paws off those storage tubs! would be awful if they figured out how to get into them

now I don't have cats, but that reminds me I gotta figure out how I'm gonna organize all my fish stuff. At first it was alright on the side of my desk right next to the tank, but now it's getting a little much lol. I would like to actually be able to use my desk haha.

also congrats on being the first post on page 53!! [insert emoji throwing confetti and fanfare noises here]

John58ford

One tank at a time part 2. Today I butchered the carpet of dwarf chain sword in the 20 long and sent a bunch next door. I really needed to tumble the sand and the easiest way in that tank is to pull them, also allot of food was getting stuck as the current would blow bits of wafer away from the rams and the endlers couldn't even get in there, just the snails.

We'll miss you carpet:

20210314_110812_HDR.jpg

Pulling chains:

20210314_112431_HDR.jpg

Sorting, I sent one tub to the neighbors.

20210314_131128.jpg

The water was pretty bubbly, however here it is while I flushed it after tumbling sand. I almost left it this way:

20210314_140357.jpg

Now the new version, it'll grow back just as cluttered in time. At least for the next couple months we will be able to spot the fish:

20210314_153223_HDR~2.jpg

We did a 50% on all the other tanks too, my son got to show me how to use the easy water change system while I planted. He did pretty good, only a couple little spills

sarabarton76

I'm working from home today and have terrible attention span issues, so I have done a whole load of water parameter testing on my established and new tanks that I didn't really need to do and told me nothing. I've mused on filter media in my new tank and whether I can recycle plant pots. Then I've set a timer plug up for my light. The thing I lack is patience - waiting for plants to grow is killing me!!

Mhamilton0911

Going to pick up a new 20g long. I'm setting this one up for rabbit snails.

Alejandro

Alejandro made 900 litres of saltwater and did water changes on all his marine tanks (I helped)

Attachments

• 20210315_140432.jpg
    20210315_140432.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210315_132206.jpg
    20210315_132206.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 17

Cara

Did routine afternoon head count and noticed Lunette, very prego platy, trying real hard to escape from everyone. then I saw a tiny flash of yellow zip across the tank .... FRY!
I may have been too late but was able to scoop up mom and drop in breeder box. I'm hoping she has a few more in her.
Maybe some made an escape but let's face it....with 14 fish in the tank ....the odds are against them

betta06

water changes! and feeding frozen food to all my bettas
plus I am super happy my crowntail eclips finally recovered from some weird disease he had! he has built a huge bubble nest (he never does unless he is breeding so I was super surprised to see it) and all of the symptoms he had have been gone for a week now!

sarabarton76

we've got fry too! Totally new to this. I knew they were coming and she came home from the LFS pregnant. I also cant really accommodate them so have provided some cover and then they are going to have to take their chances. Any that make it to 2 weeks will be able to come to the much bigger tank hopefully if plants are thriving and parameters ok. Though secretly I'm rooting for them!!

Rachaeljuno

Wondering what everyone is doing to their tanks weather its changing decor adding removing, changing substrate, new lights filters air stones or sponge filters etc..... Also pics are very much encouraged
PS if there is a better section for this thread please move it Thanks!!
I’ll be doing a water change on one of my tank, and hopefully going to the pet store to pick up some stuff, I’m replacing my 3.5 gallon with a 5 gallon for my betta and I’m super excited. I’m planning on doing a white sand for the substrate with a large piece of driftwood with Java fern sticking out the middle and maybe some dwarf hair grass around the bottom. I already have dwarf sag, some small crypts, and a taller stem plant that is unidentified that’ll be going in as well.

JLAquatics

Just did a water change in my 29 today and clipped the Hornwort and Aponogeton Ulvaceus. I'm hoping I can spread the S Repens out even more, I just gave them a trim to propagate. Here is the tank now and a side view, still cloudy from Equilibrium. Also excited about my Dwarf Lily! After almost a year in dormancy, it might actually grow like it should now, yay! The big leaf is new.

0315211618.jpg

0315211618a.jpg
0315211618b.jpg

BigManAquatics

Nothing too special. Will feed my bettas some frozen daphnia if i remember. Also need to check and see if the boys are still harrassing one of the pregnant platies.

bcsay720

Water change, apparently. Once a month, my betta will get stuck on something while I'm at work (probably the cholla log or some plant roots when he's pretending to be one of the cories), take a scale off his head, and then get mild fin rot about it.... It always clears up within a day, but I wasn't expecting to clean my 11g 4 days early.

Fishfriendof315

Getting ready to replant what Blue done uprooted. Whole back wall. We always play this game for a week when I put something new in. He pulls I replant. Let alone I just planted them yesterday and called it. No more than 24 hours, everytime
IMG_20210315_183809906.jpg
Just did a water change in my 29 today and clipped the Hornwort and Aponogeton Ulvaceus. I'm hoping I can spread the S Repens out even more, I just gave them a trim to propagate. Here is the tank now and a side view, still cloudy from Equilibrium. Also excited about my Dwarf Lily! After almost a year in dormancy, it might actually grow like it should now, yay! The big leaf is new.

0315211618.jpg

0315211618a.jpg
0315211618b.jpg
Lovely aquarium!

JLAquatics

Thank you very much! It is my very first aquascape as well. I'm Looking forward to make better ones in the future!

Fishfriendof315

Thank you very much! It is my very first aquascape as well. I'm Looking forward to make better ones in the future!
Same here. Never got into plants until past November. Had same 50 for 20 +years and never had a thought too. Now Im constantly adding and also got into shrimp with a planted 20 gallon

tapwater

did a gallon water change (whew, I remembered!), and fed my betta some bloodworms today sadly I've decided to put him on a reduced feeding schedule for the sake of trying to keep ammonia down while bb builds up, so he'll get nothing tomorrow
also rolled my moss ball around the tank a bit, and let my betta interact with my turkey baster lol

MacZ

Watching my new Nannostomus eques spawn. Bought them not even a week ago.

BigManAquatics

Thinking i might experiment with lights today, as i have an extra one out in the garage.

Cawafuoshi

0315211618.jpg

0315211618a.jpg
0315211618b.jpg

Beautiful! What's the carpet in the foreground? Any plans of hiding the, I assume, heater?

JLAquatics

Beautiful! What's the carpet in the foreground? Any plans of hiding the, I assume, heater?
Thanks, it means a lot to me that you like my first planted tank! The carpet in the front is Staurogyne Repens. As for the heater and filter, I plan on letting the Water Wisteria cover it all up. They are in both the corners of my tank and I only had one 4 inch stem four months ago to start with, so it is spreading nicely.

Cawafuoshi

Thanks, it means a lot to me that you like my first planted tank! The carpet in the front is Staurogyne Repens. As for the heater and filter, I plan on letting the Water Wisteria cover it all up. They are in both the corners of my tank and I only had one 4 inch stem four months ago to start with, so it is spreading nicely.

Yes, it takes time for everything coming together. So, the Stauro is thriving without Co2 injection? I'm unsettled what to do with my foreground (then again, there is not much space to cover ).

tapwater

not planning on doing anything with my tank today, but am thinking about changing around my water change schedule (i basically try my best to do 1 gallon a day / 30% each day) . im still in the process of cycling my tank, and am noticing that even with every day water changes that my ammonia readings are still on the greener side. now, this week I'm starting to do lighter feedings (every other day, and today is one of the days where I dont feed) with my betta, so I think I might wait until next week to change around that schedule just to see if lighter feedings will help. i dont wanna change too much at once, cuz then i wont be able to see what causes what change. also, i cant really shake that almost guilty feeling for feeding him less, but hey if thats whats gonna prevent high ammonia levels then I think that justifies it

JLAquatics

Yes, it takes time for everything coming together. So, the Stauro is thriving without Co2 injection? I'm unsettled what to do with my foreground (then again, there is not much space to cover ).
Yes, my tank does not use CO2 injection. However, you do need a stronger light and some nutrients in your substrate for the S Repens to do well. I heard that Dwarf Sag is another easy carpet plant to check out.

Shambhalaubie

I think I need to attempt to trim the hair algae that is growing on my plants, I've also lowered the amount of time that the lighting is on to try and fix the problem. Then I'll make a cup of tea and ponder what to do next.

Ouse

55 gallon had a water change and I’m keeping the lid flap on my 30 gallon closed again because the cats are suspicious.

loganblack

I'm just watching my fry (bought guppies 2 weeks ago) and another female that is about to give birth. :-D
I always ended here at Fishlore wherever I had to google something. So after 1 year of fishkeeping, I decided to create an account here and share the small amount of knowledge that I have. ;-)

tapwater

I'm just watching my fry (bought guppies 2 weeks ago) and another female that is about to give birth. :-D
I always ended here at Fishlore wherever I had to google something. So after 1 year of fishkeeping, I decided to create an account here and share the small amount of knowledge that I have. ;-)
welcome to fishlore!!

Catappa

So far so good
I’ve switched my Pearls with my 6 Three Spots and added my adult male Three Spot to my 60 while the 2 male Pearls and female are now in the 33. Here’s hoping it stays this peaceful.

6BBFA391-03D6-4BE2-A17F-72F8A0A4E4E4.jpeg
FC7B807E-8106-4FD1-B801-6439CD83A520.jpeg
Your tanks look lovely! I especially like the top photo. Edited to add: I didn't realize I was replying to quite an old post! I am now looking at the latest page.

Wuvbug1

Trying to find out how in the world I'm going to remove the string algae from my moss lol
I haven't tried it for algae, but 1.5 mL/gal of hydrogen peroxide supposedly gets rid of algae nicely. Check out marksshrimptanks's "H202 In The Shrimp Tank"

StarGirl

Everyone survived vacation! Water changes done. Just food later!

Ouse

I might move some of my neon rainbows to my 15 gallon tank tomorrow to create room in my 30 gallon community tank. I’ll change some of the water before adding them.

Cara

Did routine afternoon head count and noticed Lunette, very prego platy, trying real hard to escape from everyone. then I saw a tiny flash of yellow zip across the tank .... FRY!
I may have been too late but was able to scoop up mom and drop in breeder box. I'm hoping she has a few more in her.
Maybe some made an escape but let's face it....with 14 fish in the tank ....the odds are against them
UPDATE...after 24 hours in breeder box, no more fry. So I'm gonna say unless there were some good hiders, I've lost them all. Let's face it giving birth after fasting day leads to very hungry tankmates.
I guess the good news would be that now I've seen the interactions during birthing time so next time maybe I'll be more aware and quicker
create room in my 30 gallon
So....what are you creating room for?

BlackOsprey

Removing dead kuhli loaches from my tank. I have only 3 survivors out of 7. :I

Ouse

Removing dead kuhli loaches from my tank. I have only 3 survivors out of 7. :I
That’s unfortunate. Reminds me of a time when one of my beloved kuhlis died and the other kuhlis and amanos were feasting on it’s body.

I’m not even sure how much kuhlis are left in my tank lol. I rarely see them but they hide underneath a ceramic rock.

Demonskid

Nothing much today other than giving the shrimp and snails a tums tablet. Before the shrimp could care less about the tums.. today they really attacked it. Hope they leave some for Dude to roll around in. He's always so cute when he does that, his shell turns a powdery pink.

tapwater

did a 30% wc on the 3.1g. trying to figure out what plants I should put in my 5.5g, then after that figuring out what light would be best suited for them / easy on my wallet.

BabsandLoon

Water changes. We are back on schedule for Water Change Wednesdays.

The 60 got a large (little over 50%) water change. The 5 gallon got a 50% water change because even though I'm using a small manual syphon on it I always end up taking out more than I intended.

The other 5 gallon is a different story. I have the teeny tiniest most skittish new betta in there. I'm going back and forth on whether I want to do a small water change and just start getting him used to it or if I want to wait until it actually really needs one and go from there.

Sofiafish17

Last night I was up until like 4 am doing cleaning on my 10g betta + community tank. The betta was actually in a 5g for a few weeks as I was treating her for a minor infection. She’s all good now, so it was time to move her back to the 10g. The 10g was due for a water change anyways so I decided to do that before reacclimating her to keep stress low. I also planned on doing a minor algae scrub with a FISH TANK INTENDED algae scrub sponge. Well I didn’t realize how much algae was in there and once I started to scrub the spores went everywhere and into the water maki my it green. I then decided I’ll just do a deep clean the tank would have needed some heavier maintenance in a few weeks anyways. So I took everybody out and had the WORST SCARE OF MY LIFE when on Oto catfish got it’s whisker or something STUCK ON A LOOSE THO READ OF THE NET. I literally freaked out and i proceeded by dunking a folded paper towel in the water to make it soaked, and then using it to gently hold the Oto cat under the water while I detached the thread. That was literally the scariest fish experience I have ever had. So yea then I finished scrubbing the algae off the glass, siphoned out as much water I could while still leaving the gravel wet to keep the BB. Then I got everyone into a clean container of not algae filled green tank water, and floated them in their cleaned tank and acclimated them. I moved the all healed betta back into her old home too, and took all the decorations out of her treatment 5g tank. I took the heater out of there too, but left the gravel and sponge filter cause I’m gonna try and give someone the cycled media and stuff for BB. Then a just put some new driftwood in there to soak for a few days to get the tannins out. That whole ordeal took me until 4 in the morning because I am so afraid to do anything wrong so I check everything x100. I literally started that whole thing at 9 last night just planning to do a quick water change but super analytical me had to scrub the algae. But now I have that super happy feeling from getting my tank clean and being able to see my fish and not just the algae again. The joy of a clean, cycled, healthy fish tank!
Well I guess that was technically yesterday and today but whatever (shrug emoji won’t work here)

Mhamilton0911

Busy day!
While waiting on delivery for my stand, I need to sort and catch an entire colony of cherry shrimp. I'm only going to count 1/4" and bigger ones, shrimplets will go uncounted. It's quite a number, any guesses how many?? It's probably in the hundreds.
Then I'll need to put together the stand, and start setting up the 20g long I have.
Then I'll need to trim all tanks for plants for the 20. Then since I made messes of all tanks, try for some nice water change action

whew, I'm tried just thinking about it, lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
JLDJ
Replies
Views
Loulou1
Replies
Views
devsi