What are you doing to your tank today? - Page 114

Linda1234

Well I added the new kids to the 5 gallon aquarium; 8 kubotai and 6 oto last night. They were all fine this morning. Come october I will move the 6 oto to the 40 gallon aquarium; not sure about the kubotai they are fairly small. Might take them 2 or 3 months to grow out a bit.

Basil

Spent my weekend off doing equine things (my other full time hobby lol!) so just getting around to water changes today. Did a smaller amount on the 10 and 75 and will get them back on schedule on Monday.
Did the regular 50% on the 29. And drained about 75% out of the 20 long and moved it from the screened porch into the kitchen. I now have three tanks in the kitchen. I love it! Yes, it is a large kitchen. :D
20 long is now cycled so I need to think about fish. I may just get a couple endlers (I like them better than guppies :) ) to help the snails feed the cycle until I order the kubatoi rasboras.
I also need the get the right side of the 20 long to match the left side!

Attachments

• 116BDB50-D2A4-4C88-9AB4-03FB90B84F49.jpeg
    116BDB50-D2A4-4C88-9AB4-03FB90B84F49.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 14

PAcanis

I got some plants in. I bleach dipped them and have them in another tub right now.
I really like the looks of the dwarf hairgrass compared to the last place I got it from. But I still ordered a few from the other place. Free shipping with the Thrive-S I ordered.

I also trimmed out about 4-5 lily pads from the one tank. I saw a lot of red shells, so I think I still have a culprit with a taste for shrimp cocktail. He must be going after them at night. I did a quick ammonia test and all is fine.
No more shrimp for me unless it's them and one other fish species, like Chili Rasboras.

Ammonia, Trites and Trates coming down in my new tank. Day 5 I think.
I hope the additional plants do something for it. I'm wishing I had set it up differently now. Not good... But then it's hard to tell with the bacteria bloom.

PAcanis

I was this >< close to taking out the driftwood and rocks in my 20 Hi... close enough in my mind that I had already placed the spiderwood into a 10g cube in my mind that I don't even own yet... but I stopped myself and put some of the plants into it that I got in yesterday. Two Dwarf Sagittaria and a Chain Sword Narrowleaf (which I cannot believe is going to grow into the plant I sent the supplier the picture of, so we shall see. Anyway, one step back from tearing it apart. For now.

I also planted two batches of Giant Hairgrass into my 27g cube where the Vals had melted off and showed no signs of returning. And trimmed some of the main bush of Tiger Lotus (Lily?) or whatever it is that wants to take over my tank. It was preventing some smallish green plants from getting their light. That stuff grows like a weed. I wish the Monte Carlo would do that.

I still have a batch of tissue culture Dwarf Hairgrass to plant. So much happier with that than the 4-5" long clumps I got before. It looks like I'll be able to break it down into smaller clumps.
And then I realized I had forgotten to order the Java Moss... insert expletive here...

I also topped off my three tanks from evaporation.

I think that's about it.

Fishfriendof315

Got another pleco from my LFS. Usually i dont spend that much on just 1 fish. Got an L-137, and 2 more shrimps. Another deep blue and jet black. Post pics after acclimation

StarGirl

I finally got my black sand I have been waiting months for. Stoney River is my favorite sand ever. It doesnt suck up in the vacuum like regular sand. They have 2 kinds. Premium Aquarium Sand and Premium Aquarium Substrate. I like the substrate it is larger than regular sand. Will be messing around with that the next few days.

kansas

Overthinking the stocking of the 55 I got this week, glued some rocks together for the scape.

PAcanis

I finally got my black sand I have been waiting months for. Stoney River is my favorite sand ever. It doesnt suck up in the vacuum like regular sand. They have 2 kinds. Premium Aquarium Sand and Premium Aquarium Substrate. I like the substrate it is larger than regular sand. Will be messing around with that the next few days.

I have the Premium Substrate in one tank and it was a waste of time to rinse it.
I love this stuff, too.

StarGirl

I have the Premium Substrate in one tank and it was a waste of time to rinse it.
I love this stuff, too.
I rinse it just to get rid of some of the black water. The sand is NOT the same! It floats and is dumb just like other sands....lol

PAcanis

I rinse it just to get rid of some of the black water. The sand is NOT the same! It floats and is dumb just like other sands....lol

Mine rinsing water was crystal clear. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean by black water... Do you mean like tannins in an aquarium? :)

StarGirl

Mine rinsing water was crystal clear. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean by black water... Do you mean like tannins in an aquarium? :)
No my water was a little tinted black when I was rinsing it. Well I should say greyish water.

PAcanis

No my water was a little tinted black when I was rinsing it. Well I should say greyish water.

I must have lucked out.
I would have drank the water in my bucket.

Good to know for next time.

Revan

Possibly add a fish

Linda1234

Spent 4 hours cleaning the tanks and filters. Stupid angel bit me again. Why do they call them angels? They are little devils.

Motherlovebetta

I finally got my black sand I have been waiting months for. Stoney River is my favorite sand ever.
Where do you get it from?

Linda1234

Where do you get it from?
Our local lfs sells it; i've not found it online unlike carib-sea. The black stuff is great I've been using it in a couple of tanks and when i set up my 450 next year my local lfs promised a good price for 1000lb of the stuff.

BigManAquatics

Did water changes in the 29s and put a new hood/light on the 29g platy tank. Wife likes her new hood and light!

Motherlovebetta

Stare angrily if you are being fasted today!!!
3245B853-7A70-40EC-8115-F562C169D09E.jpeg

Fisch

Did water changes in the 29s and put a new hood/light on the 29g platy tank. Wife likes her new hood and light!
Your wife got a new hood and light, too :p

BigManAquatics

Your wife got a new hood and light, too :p
Well, the platies are HER babies....i just do the maintenance lol

Fisch

Sitting in front of my 55gl and contemplate if I should add another small school of fish occupying the top of the tank. LFS has golden WCMM. It goes like yes-no-yes-no-yes-no and repeat. Common sense prevails with a no:oops:...for now.
Well, the platies are HER babies....i just do the maintenance lol
That is Love!!!

PAcanis

I vote Yes on the WCMMs :D

Fisch

I vote Yes on the WCMMs :D
I love the WCMM, but my tank is with 72° at the bottom range for the Neons and the top range for the Clouds. Not really a smart move.

Demonskid

Did a water change on the 40g. Got a bit of video of Seiryuu watching/chasing bubbles in the Python.

The shrimp's 5g tank, I had gotten it a small filter, but its not helping.

PAcanis

I added some Seachem Clarity to my 27g yesterday after planting a couple plants to get rid of the cloudiness. I had wanted to take a picture of that tank last night. My water was still cloudy several hours later with an additional filter I stuck in to help out. And it's still cloudy today, so I found some floss filters I had for something years ago and stuck them into both filters. I figured they are better than the sponges, but no change yet.

That is the last time I use that Clarity.

Fishfriendof315

Did up a 5 gallon hold tank for things like sponges and delicate clipping that im not planting right away. Had to hold down plants with flourite

Attachments

• 0905211542a.jpg
    0905211542a.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 11

JLAquatics

I am still hanging in there alright with my job, albeit a bit stressful lately. I have a ton of work to do these next couple of weeks, but I will be sure to still pop on the forum from time to time.

For my tanks, I have some quick trimming to do followed up with some water changes on Wednesday this week, my next day off.

I also applied a fasting day for all the fish as well today. I don't think these are happy faces... but the fish have to understand that sometimes their "personal restaurant" (me) is "short-staffed" (me just looking out for their own good) from their main course meal from time to time.

0905211744b_2.jpg

0905211742a_2.jpg

0905211743a_2.jpg

bcsay720

Had to rescue my gourami fry from the filter this morning. I'm 99% certain it swam in on its own accord. I usually have the intake covered, but it must have slipped during a water change. Anyway, the baby is totally fine besides mild fin damage. I can't believe it survived. It was in there for over twelve hours (to my estimate). Just glad to still have it with us.

BigManAquatics

Did water changes on the 45 and the fry tank. Cleaned the glass on all tanks...no more kitty prints!

Fishfriendof315

Got a bucket of goodies from my 20. Dont know how to post the links to threads but got one up. Giving it away and im paying for shipping

Attachments

• 0906211224a.jpg
    0906211224a.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 0906211225.jpg
    0906211225.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 12

StarGirl

Got a bucket of goodies from my 20. Dont know how to post the links to threads but got one up. Giving it away and im paying for shipping
See the aqua 3 circles thing up top on the right side? Hover over that and copy the link. Then just simply paste it in your response.

Motherlovebetta

3 water changes 15g which has turned into a shrimp tank and one CPD (I’m moving it when it gets a little bigger), 30g new tank was disgusting fish seem much happier now, and my 50g bowfront the pearl gourami only hid for 10 minutes after this time they swam all around my hand when I was moving the syphon around they are seeming to be very comfortable now and my plecos babies have been in the big tank for a week now and they even came out after I changed the water! :D

F8EC11F9-3F3B-4774-B474-8CFF6F6D91AA.jpeg
49779052-69B1-428D-BC60-52117C558138.jpeg

BigManAquatics

3 water changes 15g which has turned into a shrimp tank and one CPD (I’m moving it when it gets a little bigger), 30g new tank was disgusting fish seem much happier now, and my 50g bowfront the pearl gourami only hid for 10 minutes after this time they swam all around my hand when I was moving the syphon around they are seeming to be very comfortable now and my plecos babies have been in the big tank for a week now and they even came out after I changed the water! :D

F8EC11F9-3F3B-4774-B474-8CFF6F6D91AA.jpeg
49779052-69B1-428D-BC60-52117C558138.jpeg
I was really looking hard at pearl gouramis today!! Need them for platy population control i think..

Motherlovebetta

I was really looking hard at pearl gouramis today!! Need them for platy population control i think..
You won’t be sorry! I have 5 in my 50 think they are mostly females.

carsonsgjs

Me: Just going to do a quick water change.

Her: I’m tired, I’m getting an early night.

Me: Just going to do a quick water change, canister cleanout, partial rescape and glass clean…

Basil

WC on 5, 10, and 75. Gave the 75 some TLC and cleaned the glass top extra well, did the monthly cleaning of the Fluval 406 and trimmed a bunch of plants with BBA.
Have seen a very good response to Thrive root capsules so I put some more in. One capsule decided to not stay sunk. How could I tell?
Well there was a Tiger barb mad dash through the tank as the gang chased the one with the capsule in his mouth. Yes, I got it away from him. Sheesh. Who needs kids when your fish manage to get into plenty of trouble lol!

CHJ

Well I did the yearly clear out of my desktop 7.5.
Unfortunately as I didn't get of my butt and get the rare tetras, you know the red ones, now I'm just going to pollute the world with more emps.
First pick is how the cube started. next is cleaned. Last is the 60 gal that lots of that moss ended up in. The rest ended up in the bronze machine.

Attachments

• IMG_20210903_123826.jpg
    IMG_20210903_123826.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210903_145146.jpg
    IMG_20210903_145146.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210903_145856.jpg
    IMG_20210903_145856.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 11

MyFishAddiction

Beginning fish-in cycling ASAP! Also looking for plants and boiling driftwood.

Linda1234

Did a water change on one of the smaller aquariums. The H'ra is a weed; a pretty weed but a weed:

3.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
JLDJ
Replies
Views
Loulou1
Replies
Views
devsi