What are you doing to your tank today? - Page 105

Demonskid

I've been playing 'I Spy' with my plecos and friends. I took a photo of the pleco's hiding, and sent it to my friends to see if they could see them. They couldn't find them.

Pleco's make for a good 'I Spy' game apparently. When they show themselves just enough for the game to happen that is. Sometimes they're out in full view, but that's only when bug bites are involved. Zucchini isn't good enough for them to come out for apparently and algae wafers are that veggie that kids will tolerate but will avoid if something better is offered.

BigManAquatics

FINALLY finished with moving/carrying/assembling furniture, so now MAYBE i can do some tank maintenance tonight.

John58ford

Yesterday I did some underwater gardening, it's been a while. Today I'll do the water changing and glass then maybe my first fish wall pic of the summer. We've been really doing health only maintenance as it's been too hard to resist being out chasing salmon and crab this summer, if after two afternoons it looks pretty again , I won't feel as bad lol.

JLAquatics

The Columnaris is pretty much gone now in the 29 gallon now! I am observing after the big day yesterday, looks like the rest of the fish are going to be survivors. Phew...

John58ford

Got the scraping and water changing done, and as meme as it is; I don't scrape often, but when I do I take pictures.

This is from one of the hard to reach spots (my rack has it's drawbacks), I don't think we had done it in literal years:

20210727_154925_HDR.jpg

And one of the rack:

20210727_163131_HDR~2.jpg

AverageAquarist22

Wow, those scapes are stunning! Looks good, I’m jealous :)

BigManAquatics

Still didn't do water changes lol! Did manage to feed the plecos some zuchinni though. Certainly made them happy enough.

Debbie1986

moving betta and shrimp from 10 gallon to 20 tall tonight

8 gallon Biorb water change at lunch today

new 55 that I set up other day

the silver dollars & featherfin are getting along nicely. Huge adjustment as they've been species only for so long. They were in group tank when little babies until I moved them to grow out. I'll try for more pictures later this week. I used old filter carbon and bottle BB to jump start cycle. some fake plants were in old tank as were large rocks. New gravel. The old gravel was just not worth cleaning... lol. too much labor and I wanted to use the new gravel - I triple rinsed it.

Attachments

• Resized_20210725_111420.jpeg
    Resized_20210725_111420.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Resized_20210725_111428.jpeg
    Resized_20210725_111428.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 15

Demonskid

Watching my one pleco push the algae wafer off the feeding stone.

On Sunday, when I went to clean and do the water change, I found algae wafer bits halfway across the tank and couldn't figure out why... Now I know.

BigManAquatics

Watching my one pleco push the algae wafer off the feeding stone.

On Sunday, when I went to clean and do the water change, I found algae wafer bits halfway across the tank and couldn't figure out why... Now I know.
For my tanks, it is cucumber and zuchinni slices that the plecos move everywhere....usually due to skirmishes.

Demonskid

For my tanks, it is cucumber and zuchinni slices that the plecos move everywhere....usually due to skirmishes.
Well so far it's only the one pleco at the wafer, scooting up under the wafer and wiggling it's little body to the edge of the stone. I wish I had saw it in time to record it because it was so cute.

But it's nice to know that it's normal for pleco's to move their food around.

BigManAquatics

Got a new hood and substrate for my 20 tall. Have heater on order, should be here Saturday. So, with any luck, the 10g fry tank gets an upgrade to a 20g this weekend!

StarGirl

Got the Naraja ? grass in the 5g for more cover. There were a bunch of MTS hiding in them. Thank you Alum!

Motherlovebetta

Picked up my first shrimp. Got 6 Amanos to see how they do in my tank. So far so good. Only problem was there was a white cloud hitchhiker that made it all the way home. I put it in the tank till I can get back to the store (25 min drive) and the harlequins went nuts attacking it. So I moved it to the 20 with the honeys. Doing fine now but I’m sure it is miserable alone so I will make a special trip to return the $2.88 fish. Also got two more pearl gouramis they are tiny and were almost white at the store the one was a rescue it’s tail is half chewed off so hoping that one makes a recovery I had to get the poor thing. They already both got a lot of color after a few hours in the tank.

Idkitsathrowaway

unforunetlyn had to restart my cyckle and drain my whole tank. we had so many trunpet snails. sifted ,byhand, through ALL the gravle and picked over a 150 out... but bright side i got 3 little shrimp(hope they may breed later on, but okay if not) and some driftwood to help my kuhlies hide better. tomarow i need to get a new filter cause mine isnt pumping water hardly anymore. and i got an agley scrubber(BEST 10 DOLLORS IVE EVER SPENT)

moral of the story don't let your parents take care of your tank because they had the rona and its my moms vaca time. 5 WEEKS without a waterchange. the water was BROWN and it killed my mystery snail and they DIDNT remove it or the detached shell.

veggieshark

Put all my tanks on auto feeders for a short vacation. Fingers crossed. Usually works, but will be a lot of water changes to do when I return.

BigManAquatics

Did a water change on the fry tank last night, found a dead gudgie fry, so figured i better do an immediate water change to prevent any spikes. Why it died? Not sure, but it was smaller than a lot of the others, so thinking it may have lost the food competition battle.

Mhamilton0911

Watching my new salty tank. I just got a pistol shrimp for my yellow watchman goby and they paired up immediately, it's amazing to watch. Unfortunately their favorite spot is really hard to see and get a video of but I'm trying!

EDIT: They moved to another rock so here's a video! This is them about 24hrs together.

AlyeskaGirl

I scrounged up a couple airline tube suction cups to hold down the new never clog airstone I purchased to help with a dead zone in my large planted tank. Been meaning to do this for awhile and finally got around to it. Pleased with the results. Also added one to the sponge filter on the other side of the tank last week.

Motherlovebetta

Stayed up to watch the night creeps come out! For sure thought all my new amanos were dead but they were hiding in the driftwood cave. Just saw one of them try and wrestle a algae wafer away from a pack or Cory cats. The shrimp are all accounted for. New clown pleco is out chomping in some food. Tossed a little midnight snack to the new baby pearls since the big kids put themselves to sleep early. Gave the tree frog a fat roach. Going on vacation Sunday and having a hard time leaving all of my animals!

BigManAquatics

Heater supposed to arrive tomorrow, so should hooefully be setting up the 20g to transfer the 10g to. And water changes. Must be done this weekend!!

Just doing a watch and feed tonight.

Linda1234

After I did water changes in my other tanks I was checking out this tank and discovered these - first picture is before my shower second is after:

o2.jpg
o1.jpg

They are around 3/4 of an inch long so probably more than a month old. No clue if i have just two or two thousand as I found these by accident. I guess breeding oto require no clue and no special care - they just multiple like guppies. Hum. I hope they are oto and not bn pleco.

betta06

both my bettas are getting water changes and frozen blood worms! also snail is getting a zuchini!

and I keep putting it off but i really need to re-scape their tanks so maybe that as well lol

bermese2002

A water change and just admiring the tank :)

Does anyone else love the view of their tank from the floor? It’s my favourite way to watch it

DB970D5C-A669-4F1F-B2A8-AA4F7BFF1B23.jpeg

E01BAE5E-C6F8-441E-916F-372FE33C1379.jpeg

Motherlovebetta

A water change and just admiring the tank :)

Does anyone else love the view of their tank from the floor? It’s my favourite way to watch it

DB970D5C-A669-4F1F-B2A8-AA4F7BFF1B23.jpeg

E01BAE5E-C6F8-441E-916F-372FE33C1379.jpeg
Currently looking at mine from the floor. Only way I don’t scare some of my fish!

bermese2002

Currently looking at mine from the floor. Only way I don’t scare some of my fish!

Only way they don't swarm into a clump at the top thinking they're going to get fed :p

Ouse

Three of four water changes done, again using the siphon-directly-out-of-the-sink-taps-method because my bath’s cold tap (which I normally use along with the hot tap to temp match) is still slow. It’s not getting checked until mid August, although I forgot the exact date.

Motherlovebetta

8D35E484-1EDA-4BAD-8969-85C55ED13967.jpeg
Water changes before we leave town tomorrow. My clown pleco finally out in the open after 2 weeks!

NearMeBettas

Staring at my sorority trying to figure out how many 100's ive spent... Maybe 1,000's... o_O

WRWAquarium

Been a long afternoon stripping down my 44g to counter my snail problem. I've removed and sifted gravel and cleaned off everything. They had even got into my canister! I really hope this has put a huge dent in my MTS snail problem if not eradicated them.

Also have decided I will be rehoming my breeding pair of angelfish. I love them but they are starting to bully even my BN and corys now so Im going to go full peaceful community soon.

The 44g is still clearing and fish still hiding after the work. Hope they are all OK, i tried my best to be careful.

Fishfriendof315

8D35E484-1EDA-4BAD-8969-85C55ED13967.jpeg
Water changes before we leave town tomorrow. My clown pleco finally out in the open after 2 weeks!
I love mine. Sucker for a bottom feeder
Been a long afternoon stripping down my 44g to counter my snail problem. I've removed and sifted gravel and cleaned off everything. They had even got into my canister! I really hope this has put a huge dent in my MTS snail problem if not eradicated them.

Also have decided I will be rehoming my breeding pair of angelfish. I love them but they are starting to bully even my BN and corys now so Im going to go full peaceful community soon.

The 44g is still clearing and fish still hiding after the work. Hope they are all OK, i tried my best to be careful.
Lol, i had a snail problem once. Stopped after getting my figure 8 puffer.

Magnolia35

It is deep-cleaning-and-water-change day for my two 5g tanks and so my bettas shall be relegated to… THE CUP (seperate ofc). My boy, Neptune, managed to scrape quite a few of the scales off his head by getting stuck in a piece of decor that I’ve since removed so I’m keeping an eye on that (if anyone has any tips I’m all ears, so far I’ve just been doing water changes) and I need to move around his anubia so it starts growing better :)

Fishfriendof315

Trimmed out wisteria from 20 gal and planted into substrate of my 50. Now the 20 looks decent. Thought i lossed all my monte carlo in the 20. Its been under my stratum. Propagated my dwarf lily. Got 2 from it. Leaving it for time being. Glosharks doing well in the 20 with the shrimp. Got his fins back. Any day gonna have fry from my blue shrimp. Hoping they come out purple. Took a water sample to my lfs to get it tested. Just to compare results to mine. Still (thing that golds back water) near perfect upcoming on my 50s bi monthly water change. Yeah monthly to every other. Filter maintenance is done at least biweekly.

StarGirl

PSA......If you find a Nerite snail out of the water put it back in the tank first before disposing of it. I took my lid off because it was hot 2-3 days ago and my Tiger Nerite was on the lid. They are dark out of water so I didnt see it. (black lid) I put him back in the tank and it is snailing around like normal tonight.

BigManAquatics

Water changes on one of the 29s and the 45. Rinsed the HOB media real good on the 45, tad bit of adding to decor, fish seem to like it.

Gudgie

Water change day for the 75, 20, and 10. Plus cleaning out the baskets on the canister intakes, since those were a wee bit clogged. Much better filter flow now!

Fisch

My pleco caves arrived yesterday and are in the tank now. When Libs makes his decision for one of them I can finally take that Amazon Sword Monster out of the tank and re-scape without rendering him homeless. Then, after re-scaping I can add the 9 Pandas patiently waiting in the QT. It is never ending.

bcsay720

I added my two cory fry to the main tank after raising them for 8 weeks. I'm so proud of my first babies. They're doing great, and the school welcomed them in right away.

This is especially exciting since my honey gouramis finally bred yesterday, and the male lost all the eggs over the course of the last 24 hours....

JLAquatics

I agree! I love watching my tanks from all sorts of angles as it gives a ton of different perspectives. I have to trim the 10 gallon again after only one week of growth! This tank has officially become insane with growth, I can barely keep up!
I added my two cory fry to the main tank after raising them for 8 weeks. I'm so proud of my first babies. They're doing great, and the school welcomed them in right away.

This is especially exciting since my honey gouramis finally bred yesterday, and the male lost all the eggs over the course of the last 24 hours....
Glad to hear everything is going well for you, bcsay720! I havent seen you around for a while! That or I am blind. ;)
My pleco caves arrived yesterday and are in the tank now. When Libs makes his decision for one of them I can finally take that Amazon Sword Monster out of the tank and re-scape without rendering him homeless. Then, after re-scaping I can add the 9 Pandas patiently waiting in the QT. It is never ending.
That is what it seems like in fishkeeping at times, where projects you do is never-ending and changes always seem to occur. However, I think that is part of the charm of the aquarium hobby. :)
PSA......If you find a Nerite snail out of the water put it back in the tank first before disposing of it. I took my lid off because it was hot 2-3 days ago and my Tiger Nerite was on the lid. They are dark out of water so I didnt see it. (black lid) I put him back in the tank and it is snailing around like normal tonight.
Yup, Nerite snails always seem to do this to me as well! One day you spot all of them and the next some of the snails seemingly dissappear. Half of the time, they are inside the filter or on the top of the lid. However, I am glad to hear that your snail is still alive and doing well. :)
Water changes on one of the 29s and the 45. Rinsed the HOB media real good on the 45, tad bit of adding to decor, fish seem to like it.
Adding decorations is one of the most entertaining aspects of the aquarium hobby for you and your fish as far as I can tell! Hope you are enjoying the new layout of your tank friend. :)

For my update finally, I have to trim this monster of a tank today after only one week of growth. Vishaquatics recommended APT complete for my tank and it is singlehandedly the best all in one fertilizer on the market. Yes, it is better than Easy Green and Thrive!

0801210921_2.jpg

0801210921a_2.jpg

0801210922_2.jpg

0801210921b_2.jpg
APT is even bringing back my long lost Hydrocotyle Japan! I love it!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
JLDJ
Replies
Views
Loulou1
Replies
Views
devsi
  • Question