What are you buying yourself for Christmas? lol

1. Slug Well Known Member Member

What are you getting YOURSELF for Christmas?? ;) Come on, I know we all do it....we use the excuse of Christmas to buy what we didn't get from Santa! I just splurged a bit on Black Friday for myself!

1. I'll be treating myself to setting my tanks all back up, meaning some sponge filters and small equipment is going to be needed.
    2. Also a couple of hefty orders of discus (Though this might be after Christmas and the tanks get going of course) ;):eek:;D:;nin2:;nin2
    3. I also just ordered myself 2 new computer monitors...yes 2 very nice 24" Samsung LCD flat screens! Very Happy GOTTA love Black Friday.

Most of all I'm just glad i'll be able to be home to celebrate it with family. So what are you treating yourself to this Christmas? hehe

2. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Hopefully, a couple Widespread Panic New Year's tickets. We'll see on availability. :D

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome home Matt.
    Really, that's the best gift. :)
    I ventured out today and took advantage of a Petsmart deal. 10g with hood for $15.00.

4. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Hmm... not sure yet :p
    Thinking of maybe buying myself the sweet monitor I saw at London drugs, it works as both a tv and a computer screen. Would be perfect for a dual screen for my laptop. :p

Sigh no black friday here for me so I'll wait till boxing day :p

5. Borisbbadd Guest

Probably a flat screen t.v. for the bed room...............:;eye:;eye

6. JaneAustenAddict Member Member

I splurged today and bought myself numerous items: 2 shirts, a purse, a 10g fish tank with hood, a tennis bracelet, a pair of earrings, a movie, and a full body massage at the spa.

Now I'm trying to convince everyone they need to give me gift certificates to the spa for Christmas!

7. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

i want a waterproof camera

8. JaneAustenAddict Member Member

D'oh! Now I want one of those too.

9. Borisbbadd Guest

If what I bought today counts.............a new set of tires for my truck :anim_63:

Randy

10. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Well, my Christmas present to myself, is possibly a used 125 gallon long with stand for $300. :D My lfs has it but he's thinking of maybe putting his 3 Piranahs in it, since they are in a 55 gallon. I am deff getting a 125 gallon come Spring, so my present to myself is a Canister filter if I don't get the used tank now. Can't set it up until Spring anyways. I figured start buyin a few things now.

11. Shadowbeam Member Member

My 200 litre tank, or my half of it at least, the partner is paying for the other half for christmas. so it really is a christmas pressie to myself :D

12. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Slug! WELCOME HOME! :) I just bought a Nikon CoolPix digital camera! :camera:Yeah!!!!
    There is one more thing on my shopping list for myself and my fish. A 32" Vizio flat screen TV for my fish room. The fish can watch the TV when I'm not home :)
    Ken

13. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I've been treating myself all year to early Christmas presents with the 20+ tanks I've gotten from Craigslist. The most I'll probably do for myself at this point will be some headphones so I don't have to hear "Mom, I'm bored" for awhile:;ufo

14. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

I inherited several rings from my b/f's mom who died September 12. They mean a lot to me. One of them, my fav was missing a stone, i brought it to a jewelers and got the call yesterday that it's ready. not a lot of money but the ring means a lot... i can't wait to pick it up.
    This is my gift to me.

15. nemo addict Well Known Member Member

my gift to me is a padi open water course :) and a trip to the red sea

16. Shadowbeam Member Member

The best kind of gift you can have imo

17. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

aww what a great gift!!!!!!! sorry for your loss :;hug2

my bf and I got eachother new pc's so no pressies for us!! (although i have a new 30g octogon tank outside i got for free!)

its all about the kids for us this year (as it is every year!)

DONT FORGET!!!!!!!!! monday is cyber monday!! which is like black friday only online purchases are great..and MOST are free shipping !

18. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Dang, ya'll and I was happy with my 10g. lol
    (still am ;D)

19. Slug Well Known Member Member

Not home quite yet :p, very close....single digits! But thanks.

Sounds like everyone has some nice gifts lined up for themselves haha. I can't wait to get my computer monitors and discus!

20. scatty Member Member

Hopefully a car! Walking and borrowing mums car to get to work is getting tedious already!