What Are You A Nerd Of?

AJE
I say everyone is a nerd about something. I think I am a Marvel/Star Wars nerd, a simi-gun nerd and a learning fish/reptile nerd

Smalltownfishfriend
I need out over animals in general,, especially cows and dogs... And fish of course!

BettaBeetlesandBugs
Fish, Insects, Arachnids, millipedes, centipedes, origami, and fishing

GuppyGuy007
Fish nerd! No doubt

goldface
I’m a book nerd.

AJE
BettaBeetlesandBugs
Oh yeah I'm also a Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit nerd too

Smalltownfishfriend
goldface
Read any good ones recently?
Most recently, I finished The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy by Robin Hobb. I love it.

I’m slowly working my way to rereading Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay, an excellent “soft” fantasy novel.

I also picked up the new Steven King novel The Outsider at my library. I’m not a particular fan of his, but so far this one’s looking to be good.

midna
I was a kpop nerd and a dragon age nerd but I dropped those once I became a fish nerd lol. I also love animals like cats and some bugs.

penguin02
I am a hunger games nerd. And a Pokémon nerd. And a fish nerd.

Oh no... I can’t stand kpop.

Demeter
Video games, anime, manga, fish and plants. For a short while I was into kpop, their music videos are pretty great

Sarah73
I'm not a nerd? Even though I wear glasses

Discus-Tang
Let's see...

Star Wars
80s pop culture
Modern History (especially ww2 & the Cold War)
Geography & demographics
Fish

max h
Fishing, guns, and fast cars.

jdhef
I guess I'm a bit of a book nerd. I read almost every day and read about 50 books a year. I'm also an avid woodworker, but there is nothing nerdy about woodworking.

AJE
I guess I'm a bit of a book nerd. I read almost every day and read about 50 books a year. I'm also an avid woodworker, but there is nothing nerdy about woodworking.
Any pictures of your work?

jdhef
Here's a few. I have a lot more photos, but I can't seem to find them.

DSC01978.JPG
DSC01980.JPG
DSC01984-1.jpg
DSC02111.JPG
DSC02114.JPG
DSC02117.JPG
Highboy1.jpg
Lingerie Dresser1.JPG

Ruby_house
I'm a plant nerd mostly orchids, air plants and cacti

Discus-Tang
I'm a plant nerd mostly orchids, air plants and cacti
Do you grow pigface (succulent)?

Ruby_house
Do you grow pigface (succulent)?
I use to have some outside in my garden but not since I moved..

bitseriously
I’m slowly working my way to rereading Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay, an excellent “soft” fantasy novel.
GGK ftw!! Fionavar trilogy is nearly on par w LOTR. Equally enjoyable and immersive, slightly (very slightly) less involved/developed. And have u noticed how Fionavar pops up somehow in all his other works?

Discus-Tang
I use to have some outside in my garden but not since I moved..
I've used it in my cooking lol. It tastes salty.

Dch48
Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, Watches and clocks, Baseball (should be first), The Walking Dead, computers in general. But I think the thing I can't live without is------ food .

bitseriously
Birds. As in bird watching. It’s barely a pastime now, but in years past it was work, passion, and hobby (not all at same time).
And Star Wars. I love chancing across a new name or ref and rabbit-holing it. And so on, ad infinitum.

Discus-Tang
Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, Watches and clocks, Baseball (should be first), The Walking Dead, computers in general.
Cubs?

goldface
GGK ftw!! Fionavar trilogy is nearly on par w LOTR. Equally enjoyable and immersive, slightly (very slightly) less involved/developed. And have u noticed how Fionavar pops up somehow in all his other works?
I actually never read his trilogy, so I’m not sure if I ever recalled Fionavar in his other works. But I read a ton of books over different genres. I’m bound to forget some details, and even works which I thought I’ve never read and later come to find that I actually did (after browsing a few pages or reading a too-familiar synopsis).

Other then Tigana, I also read Ysabel, Lions of Al-Rassan, The Last Light of The Sun. I’m sure there are at least a couple more I’m missing.

midna
Most recently, I finished The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy by Robin Hobb. I love it.

I also picked up the new Steven King novel The Outsider at my library. I’m not a particular fan of his, but so far this one’s looking to be good.

oh, I used to be a king nerd, lol. he was my absolute favourite author. probably still is, but I don't really read books anymore :/ still gotta finish jurassic park whoops

aussieJJDude
A total fish nerd. Also enjoy nerding over hermit crabs as well, they've been a strong passion of mine.

Also enjoy nerding over science, particularly in biology and chemistry based things.... bonus points if its animal related!

Also enjoy nerding over youtubers, anime and music....

TadpoleMadtom
I'm a fish and Bob cards nerd.

chromedome52
Aside from fish, I am a Dragon nerd. Real and Fantasy dragons fascinate me.

SegiDream
Oh boy well... I love all animals excluding creepy insects. I love 80s movies. I have a thing for functional vintage things and some mid-century decor. Therefore I browse thrift stores and yard sales occasionally and get all geeky when I find things like an old nasty stinky yellow plastic case... because it's a vintage samsonite train case for $3! Antique stores sell stuff like that for $30+ sheesh. I like sci-fi. I like star wars but really only the first 3 original movies, rogue one, and some of the books. I like to read (I'm extremely picky but I've read a lot of the classics). I like old school shooter games like counterstrike or tacops though I don't get to play anymore. Like succulents, probably have 20+ different types of succulents all over the house and outside. Like to crochet when I have a chance. I like to do speed typing tests, my average is 115wpm. Well *blush* I guess that about sums that up.

jdhef
oh, I used to be a king nerd, lol. he was my absolute favourite author. probably still is, but I don't really read books anymore :/ still gotta finish jurassic park whoops

Jurassic Park was a really good book. I was a big Michael Crichton and read all of his (fiction) books, even the ones her wrote in medical school under the pen name John Lange.

HORNET1
Kentucky Basketball (fanatical nerd)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8KrggJWPMCmCZVWnnD-VazG9vipDRZBpk0Dk_RucqUseggxRN.jpg
French Bulldogs, Cars and Fish Tanks

NOTE: I'm a GT grad, but my wife is a UK grad.
I'm a UK basketball fan because I like winners.

Sh899y
Harry Potter. Films. Football (Soccer). Football Manager.

Geoff
Harry Potter. Films. Football (Soccer). Football Manager.

I’m watching Prisoner of Azkaban right now.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
  • Question
Replies
Views
Cheesecake
Replies
Views
goldface
  • slipknotgrrl83