what are u three eating??

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I got three new panda cories a while ago and they haven't eaten in about two days here is the story and should I be concerned?

I know this is miss placed but it will be fast they are over active and fun to watch (like a 3 yr old that just ate a bowl of sugar) but my concern is that I haven't seen them eat their food the last pellet I dropped in there softened and my Bamboo shrimp scarfed it down that was last night tho so today I broke one into 4 pieces (more like 3 pieces and some powder) and threw them in at various points do cories come to the top when hungary like a betta?

thanx

brent

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No they won't come to the top, they will scour the bottom for left overs though. Try dropping their pellets in after lights out if your concerned.
Carol

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
My corys only come to the top now and then for a breath and such...after that they spend most of their time snuffling around everything in reach, searching, or else they sit huddled very quietly.

So no, you need to put the food in for them that sinks quickly. Unlike frogs corydoras will find food pretty fast.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is any flake food falling to the bottom that they may be eating since they might be filling up on that before the wafers come or could they still be getting used to there surrondings.

OP
I

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't use flakes I use pellets for inarI and algae wafers and some protein pellets

New Threads