What are they?

D_C_1

Hi,

When I looked at my 25L tank today, I found a lot of white dots on the inside of the glass. I looked closer and found out that they were moving, sort of slug like things.
Can anyone tell me what they are?
Are they harmful in any way to the tank/shrimp?
How do I get rid of them?

I assume they got into the tank via the moss ball or one of the other plants. I would post a picture but there's no chance of getting one good enough to show what they look like.

Thanks.

BettaBuddy

These?

D_C_1

No they are staying stuck on the glass like slugs and in the middle to top area of the glass rather than the bottom.

sirdarksol

Probably not harmful to the shrimp. I'd guess that they're some kind of worm-like critter. Perhaps a version of planaria. (Now, if they look like little somersaulting trees, that's a different story. Those are hydrae, and are really dangerous to small aquarium livestock).

The best way to deal with most such things is to cut down on the amount of food going into the tank. They're often a sign of overfeeding.

D_C_1

Overfeeding? Oh dear. No food for them tonight then! Definitely not Hydra thankfully If I feed less will they eventually disappear?

sirdarksol

Yep. They'll get starved. The good news is that, as they die, the shrimp will get more food (they'll eat he carcasses), so you can safely fast the tank for quite awhile without harming your shrimp.

D_C_1

Ah good thanks

piloswine

Freshwater limpets?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishjunkiejimmy
  • Question
Replies
Views
Katie993