What Are These White Spots?

1. horatio777 Member Member

Can anyone tell me what the wit things are growing in my tank? All parameters are fine. Fish are healthy. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. pixelhoot Member Member

Hello! Are they free-floating or seem to be attached to the glass? It's kind of hard to tell what is going on by the photo.

3. horatio777 Member Member

Attached to glass and mopani log
  4. horatio777 Member Member

20170718_153620.jpg They are not snails not hard this is the correct picture :)

5. Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

What fish or invertebrates do you have in the tank?
  6. horatio777 Member Member

2 minnows 3 khuli loaches 3 zebra danios 6 neon tetras and 2 glow tetras
  7. Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

They look like unfertilized eggs. My guess is there from the kuhlis. The other fish are egg scatterers.

8. NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

I think I see Planaria - harmless wormlike creatures that pop up when you overfeed. They are small, white, and the head is wider, almost diamond shaped.
  9. horatio777 Member Member

ok I know now. I forgot to mention the nerite snail ... its that one's eggs.... :-/
  10. horatio777 Member Member

So will they hatch? that mean I will have hundreds of snails? I got the darn thing because tpns of people on here were singing their praises.... haha... o well

11. NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

My nerites always produce eggs in swirls, neatly lined up. Those are too randomly placed.
    If they are nerites, they won't hatch in freshwater.
  12. horatio777 Member Member

The only other in there is a mystery snail and I know they lay the egg sacks, If they arent nerites do you know what else it could be?
  13. MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

Absolutely nerite eggs.
  14. horatio777 Member Member

Thanks Mike So will they hatch? What do I do with them?
  15. MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

No they wont hatch in freshwater. Scrap them off the glass with razor blade. As far as the ones on wood and plants - good luck!

I hate nerites for that reason. They make a disaster of the tank with those little eggs.
  16. horatio777 Member Member

Thanks. I will clean them up and bye bye nerite snail :-/
  17. Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

I thought they may be Nirite eggs until you omitted that in your stock list. Unfortunately they need brackish water to hatch. That's too bad I was hoping you were mabee gonna get some kuhli fry.