What are these tiny little dark brown bugs

Oscars123

I have 2 Oscars that i have had for about 5 years now. One of the Oscars has developed hole in the head disease which I have treated three times in a hospital tank. For the past year the water has become cloudy very easily anyway I just did a 50% water change, I use aquarium salt and so the water is brackish water. I noticed after the water change tiny little dark brown bugs at the water line they have feelers and at least two sets of legs and what looks like a point towards the back of its torso. See photo its from smart phone, I could take a better picture with camera if that would help. Any ideas on what type of bug this may be?
Here is a second photo from camera.

Attachments

• 20211017_230133.jpg
    20211017_230133.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8283  Aquarium Bug 3.JPG
    IMG_8283 Aquarium Bug 3.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 22

ZER0C00L

Could be baby Skimmer Dragonfly Nymphs

ruud

No these are springtails (Collembola).

Redshark1

I believe they are springtails and they do no harm, eating any organic matter they can find in the humid area just outside the waterline or on the water's surface which they are able to walk on.

Keep trying to improve your water quality. I am convinced this will lead to healthier fish.

Oscars123

Thank you ruud and Redshark. I googled springtails and that's what they appear to be.
Great information! I have read up a bit and now I am thinking that I may have white fungus. There are white fuzzy things in my gravel bed that pop up when I vaccume and water change. Springtails are attracted to fungus among other microbes. Anyway I have a plan to attack it now and will do so this week if need be. Plan on breaking down the aquarium and filtration then cleaning it out with hot water and vinegar solution. Fish will be in the hospital tank again and will be treated with antifungal and antibiotics, whille I get the main tank cleaned up. Thanks again.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishBeginner2020
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
AquaRain
  • Question
Replies