What are these small eggs ???

1. Nicole0653 Initiate Member

So I've recently noticed these small white dots in flat against the glass clumps around the aquarium, I thought they could be snail eggs but then they are so small that they couldn't possibly be could they? I've done a comparison to a pencil to show how small they are

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My tank is relatively new, about 3 weeks or a month, it's got 2 baby/fry ( or whatever you call small goldfish ) goldfish in there, they are new I got them 2 days ago, I also picked up 4 more danios for my 2 old and lonely ones.

Oh and also new plants.

I have no idea what these are and want to know if they will harm the fish I've also got a similar problem with my other tank which have these small dot things but they are slowly moving with the current ( not sure if they are dust or bug things ) i will talk about that another time though.

I did some tests on the water and it's all good, on the other smaller one the nitrates are a bit high but will be changing the water tomorrow.

Thanks for reading ! Please help :)

2. :) fatcatfish (: Well Known Member Member

They look like snail eggs to me. Could have been introduced on the new plants. They don't harm the fish, but the snails that hatch will probably make a meal of the plants. Usually you can just wipe them off the glass.

3. Nicole0653 Initiate Member

Thanks for answering so quick :) hopefully they are Snails ! I can see the eggs (if they are) I just can't see the thing that put them there hahah Thankyou