What are these? please..

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by anticon, Mar 21, 2012.

1. anticon

anticonValued MemberMember

I think the first one is some kind of chiclid.. was just interested in what kind??

I really want the one that has giraffe markings and I think its the same as the striped one ... no idea what they are though????

thanks!!:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

the first picture is hard to tell...the second picture is a Nimbochromis venustus (giraffee cichlid) and get pretty big...the 3rd pic is not a Nimbochromis venustus, but im not sure what it is...

3. MD Angels

MD AngelsWell Known MemberMember

Unless you plan on upgrading your 20 to at least a 55gallon, don't get this fish. It can grow up to 10 inches.

4. OP
    OP
    anticon

anticonValued MemberMember

Thanks.. yeh its always the way!! the ones I want get too big!

ahh well guess its time to start saving for a bigger tank!

just out of interest how fast do chiclids grow in general?? I've heard pretty fast!

5. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

The first picture is of Flowerhorns. NOT a community fish so I would strongly recommend not trying them unless you keep it alone. I agree with the other two IDs.

Cichlids grow really fast. Some can grow over an inch a month. Around an inch would be the general growth rate for most cichlids I would say. But then again it varies with each fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice