What are these marks ????

1. Psychedelicbabe Member Member

I was watching my red wag platys because I think my female is pregnant and I noticed a white mark on her tail ?? I was panicking and thinking white spot but I thought I'd check here with you guys first http://youtu.be/Xf06rElJMuQ she's the only fish in the tank with this mark and I've checked my waters and everything is fine ... Please help maybe it's nothing but I'd like to check before I take any measures ... I was going to put her in a holding tank ? So dunno what to do now

2. shayla1 Well Known Member Member

From the video, it looks like the white spot is on both sides of her tail in the same location. Is this true? If she has no other spots and is otherwise healthy, I'm guessing this is just her coloration. I would keep an eye on her and make sure nothing changes. Keep the water as clean as possible and if you notice the spot getting larger or new spots developing, then take the next steps as needed.

3. Psychedelicbabe Member Member

Yeah it looks like a hole in her tail it's visible both sides ... Going to do a water change and give them some fresh crushed garlic ;)