What are these eggs?

Alex12345

Hi there, I've had this tank set up for a while now with neon tetras, corydoras, ottos a betta fish and 3 nerite snails, and I've discovered these strange eggs in the corner of the tank. They don't look like snail or cory eggs as both have laid eggs in my tank before and look completely different. A few of them have hatched and tiny white dots have swum to the bottom in between the soil. Are these neon tetra eggs or something more serious that I should worry about? Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_20210227_181024.jpg
    IMG_20210227_181024.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20210227_183223.jpg
    IMG_20210227_183223.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 80

StarGirl

They look like Bladder or Ramshorn snail eggs to me. Those are probably tiny little snails.

Upvote 0

Nikn

Are the eggs scattered or are they in some kind of jelly. If they are then they are snail eggs. I know that neon tetras can be hard to spawn and if they do they usually eat the eggs. My guess is to wait and see until the eggs hatch and the fry/snails are visible.

To breed neons you need low ph water and complete darkness. They are egg scatters so their eggs won't be on the glass. But in the substrate. This is why I believe that the eggs on the first picture are snail eggs and not neon tetras.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

I think I can see some tiny snails in the substrate too.

Upvote 0

Alex12345

Are the eggs scattered or are they in some kind of jelly. If they are then they are snail eggs. I know that neon tetras can be hard to spawn and if they do they usually eat the eggs. My guess is to wait and see until the eggs hatch and the fry/snails are visible.

To breed neons you need low ph water and complete darkness. They are egg scatters so their eggs won't be on the glass. But in the substrate. This is why I believe that the eggs on the first picture are snail eggs and not neon tetras.
Thanks so much for your help, the eggs are in a jelly in one space, so they are probably snail eggs then. Thanks again for the help

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore By the way!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NanoFish4Life
Replies
Views
RareFeeshCollector
Replies