What Are These Eggs? Snail?

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I found these eggs all over my 55 gallon tank today. I also noticed what looked like two of my nerite snails mating a couple of days ago and today. I know the eggs won’t make it in freshwater. I have attached a picture of the white spots. These are my other fish:

Ghost shrimp
Glo tetra
Platy (obviously not them)
Male molly
Harlequin rasbora
Khuli loach

Any ideas if who’s eggs? I was gone all day today so I have no clue.
IMG_3655.JPG
IMG_3661.JPG

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
emmysjj said:
They look like nerite eggs to me
Ok. I was thinking the same but had never seen them before. I was wondering how they ended up everywhere. Float through the water? Will they eventually go away?

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
MissCap said:
Ok. I was thinking the same but had never seen them before. I was wondering how they ended up everywhere. Float through the water? Will they eventually go away?
No, you would have to remove them.

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MissCap said:
The snails lay them everywhere... literally.
Eventually they dissolve on their own, but it takes a long time. If you want to get rid of them because they are unsightly, id remkve them by hand

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
fjh said:
The snails lay them everywhere... literally.
Eventually they dissolve on their own, but it takes a long time. If you want to get rid of them because they are unsightly, id remkve them by hand
Ok. It isn’t too bad. Only a couple ended up on the glass. I think I only have one female zebra. One male zebra and one male tiger. They were both on top of the female last night. Hopefully no more eggs for a while. I have had these guys for 6 months too and these are the first eggs.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom