What Are These Bubbles And Fogginess During Water Changes?

Fishbro5

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Every time I do water changes on my tanks I notice the new water is completely full of bubbles, a tiny bit cloudy, and leaves white deposits on the top of my tank water. Do you guys know what this is? None of my fish are harmed or anything and I turn off my water softener for water changes so could that maybe be it? It is just a wee bit weird.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
How do you refill the tank? If you're pouring buckets or pitchers it's probably just a bunch of extra air bubbles in the water
Pics?

Fellowmellow

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sounds like you could have hard water coming out your tap. Its possible that the white or milky water comes out super oxygenated causing the milky water.

White deposits could also be from the hard water. Hard water likes to leave stains its basicly left over calcium if I know my stuff... lol good luck hope this helps

OP
Fishbro5

Fishbro5

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
nikm128 said:
How do you refill the tank? If you're pouring buckets or pitchers it's probably just a bunch of extra air bubbles in the water
Pics?
I use the Python Water Change system so maybe!

Fellowmellow said:
Sounds like you could have hard water coming out your tap. Its possible that the white or milky water comes out super oxygenated causing the milky water.

White deposits could also be from the hard water. Hard water likes to leave stains its basicly left over calcium if I know my stuff... lol good luck hope this helps
Ah that sounds correct. I do have pretty hard water especially turning off my water softener for water changes.

New Threads