What Are The Chances Of Survival For My Shrimp?

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by Sakana魚, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Sakana魚

Sakana魚 Well Known Member Member

I went to get blue velvets but fell in love with red crystal shrimp S grade instead Dx so I got two to see if I could keep them alive before getting several more. What are there chances of survival and how long before I will know if they will survive in my care?(a month? A week?)
    **I have fluval stratum and my tank is set to 80° but I will lower it to 78° tonight. Tankmates are 5 harlequin Rasbora and 1 betta and soon a nerite snail or mystery snail. It's a 15g.
    IMG_20180412_192113.jpg

2. Rainbows and Fishes

Rainbows and Fishes Valued Member Member

Hopefully this aquarium is fully cycled. I’d say you’ll know in a two weeks if they’re doing well especially if they’re active and eating well. With those tank mates though it’ll be iffy if any shrimplet offspring would survive without the tank being heavily planted and the filter intake covered.

3. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIII Well Known Member Member

If the tank is densely planted, it should be okay to house them there. But the there is always the chance of adult shrimp getting eaten by the betta, and the shrimplets will be eat if seen by the other fish. WIthout plants, its going to be shrimp armageddon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice