What are the best live food for someone who have guppy, zebra danio, bettas and May been soon to have Oscar???

Petchratn

Reaction score
57D1FA9A-885A-47AA-B09F-930719600627.jpeg

Hello, I am Pat from Maryland :)
I used microworm feeding guppy fries, and adults as well.
I am thinking about feeding my bettas with live foods, something not expensive, easy.
I am on tight budgets.
thank you.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Holy Schnikey!! What size tank is that? There are a lot of live food options. But I don't use any I feed mine Omega One betta buffet pellets and frozen bloodworms. he's a galazy KoI and goes crazy for them both.He even steals a piece of Omega One tropical flakes every now n then from my Embers I have in with him :)

OP
Petchratn

Petchratn

Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
Holy Schnikey!! What size tank is that? There are a lot of live food options. But I don't use any I feed mine Omega One betta buffet pellets and frozen bloodworms. he's a galazy KoI and goes crazy for them both.He even steals a piece of Omega One tropical flakes every now n then from my Embers I have in with him :)
I bought this tank second hand and were told 30 gallons, I used minI betta flake, they have not much interest in microworm. I did try earthworm once when they just came but they killed earthworm without eating the earthworm. I didn’t cut the earthworm though.
I wish to be able culture some live feeders.
I have heard black worm is lot of fat, not so healthy.
I have heard tuberflex could have parasite
I ordered daphnia and fairy shrimp eggs from Thailand but almost 2 months, nothing show up yet. Not sure will they be big enough to to get attention from bettas.

What live food you feed your guppy?

Attachments

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Try frozen bloodworms. Also you could try baby brine shrimp unless that's the same as the fairy shrimp you already ordered in which case i'm not sure of many other options. Grindal worm or flightless fruit fly cultures? Here is a link to other possible options.
live food for betta - Google Search
Edit if you measure front to back top to bottom and left to right will help determine the size. I thought it looked like a 20 long in which case your 10 bettas only have 2 gallons of swim space which is a bit small for them. Doable but small.

OP
Petchratn

Petchratn

Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
Try frozen bloodworms. Also you could try baby brine shrimp unless that's the same as the fairy shrimp you already ordered in which case i'm not sure of many other options. Grindal worm or flightless fruit fly cultures? Here is a link to other possible options.
live food for betta - Google Search
Edit if you measure front to back top to bottom and left to right will help determine the size. I thought it looked like a 20 long in which case your 10 bettas only have 2 gallons of swim space which is a bit small for them. Doable but small.
36” long height can’t remember but taller than 12” cause 12” divider is shorter, the depth is 12”. This tank I bought from soldier family who once live in Japan, it may be different than American. I try to get less cramps but not be able to do yet. They have long way to swim however when see at the front look small.

Any live food future that can feed all guppies, zebra danio, bettas and evening oscar (when we get them probably 2-3” in size.
Thank you.
(I already have microworm)

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cut up some minI mealworms. my danios can even eat them whole!

New Threads