what are the benefits of SUMP???

maryann

can somebody tell me what are the benefits of a SUMP, I have a 30 gallon marine tank right now,you can check my profile for further info about my tank.thank you!hope to hear from anybody soon...

GreenMan13

Sumps increase water volume making the tank more stable.
They provide a place to hide some of the equipment like heaters and skimmers.
They can house an refuge for macro algae which will help stabilize the water more.
The return pump creates flow in the main tank.
They can skI'm the surface gunk off the main tank.

I think those are the main reasons. I can't think of others right off the top of my head right now.

maryann

GREENMAN13,

I was treating my tanl with ICH,so far some people already helped me treat the ICH, I raised the temp to 83 which I will maintain in about 3 weeks, change water, feed my fishes with garlic, maintain a stable environment to the fish,check the harmfull ammonia,nitrites and nitrates along the PH too...
so do you think I am doing the right thing now?thank you

agsansoo

maryann, Ich is in the sump section !

maryann

I know that...but nobody reply on my last post that is why I tried this part of the forum

GreenMan13

Looks like you are getting the right help with the Ich already. If you want more people to see something you can always post in the beginners forum since that is a general forum.

Zer0sk8er

A place to hide a filter that you would not like to be visable in the top part of you sump. can cycle through more water per hour.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom