What are some really easy plants to grow and what do you need to do for growth?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by mikerox29, Aug 3, 2015.

1. mikerox29Well Known MemberMember

Hi All,

What are some really easy plants to grow and what do you need to do for growth?
    I want some easy to grow plants so I can make a tetra sanctuary :)

2. elliot5445

elliot5445Well Known MemberMember

Ive had a little experience with plants. I have found Hornwort grows like crazy without even needing much light. I think EricV can help :)

3. EricV

EricVFishlore VIPMember

Some of the easiest ones I've worked with are Java ferns, Anubias, mosses, water wisteria, duckweed, contortion vals, and dwarf sag. They're all pretty easy and can be grown without additional fertilization or co2. Just give them some light in the 6500k range and you'll be good to go.

4. kidster9700

kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

my anubias, anacharis, amazon swords, oriental sword, micro swords, and java ferns (among some other aquatic ferns easily found at pet and fish stores) all did great in my tank before i starting dosing ferts and stuff. very easy since it was my first live plants only tank. i also have a sword thats not an amazon sword, it most resembles a melon sword but i can't remember what it is. moneywort has been growing nicely for me, too.

5. OP
    OP
    m

mikerox29Well Known MemberMember

I have some Green Hygro at the moment but it doesnt seem to be doing very well. Also have baby dwarf tears that I know will not carpet without CO2. Are these plants usually quite easy to grow?
    I just have a hang on LED but the tank seems quite bright,

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice