What Are Some Crazy Fish For A Nano Reef?

GetFreshedAquariums

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So I have a 100L (26g) Nano reef that I want to add some cool looking fish such as maybe a waspfish or frogfish. Buuut here is Australia Frogfish start at $450 and I've never seen a waspfish before so I don't even know how much they'd be.
But what I want to know is what are some really cool looking, unique, reef safe fish for a 100L (26g) that are readily available in Australia?

Thanks

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hmmm...sort of an interesting dilemma. The more oddball you go, the more expensive it is and the harder they are to find (and I can only imagine in Australia!) as well as general care difficulty.

But how about Skunk Clownfish (get young so they can pair up!)? Definitely unique and eye catching, but slightly more available to the hobby and they shouldnt break the bank too too much considering how cool they are . And they come in some selectable colors haha.

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What kind of fish do you have in the tank currently? The other issue with the frogfish is that you will basically have to dedicate your tank to said fish since they are predatory of small fish and inverts and they are super slow moving critters. If you want a tank stocked with active fish you could look at a Possum Wrasse or Pinkstreaked Wrasse. The 6 line would be a stunning addition but you would have to pair it with something like Dottybacks or Damsels to ensure it didn't get out of line.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom