What are skunk corys?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by orangeclumsy1, Dec 22, 2012.

1. orangeclumsy1

orangeclumsy1 Valued Member Member

Are they like panda corys? Please help!

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

In my experience, corys are all the same. It's just a matter of how big they get.  

3. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

Well how big do they get? I didn't see anything on tht page that told me how big they get.

4. Jaysee

Under species information it says 2.2". Not too big.

5. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

Skunk cories are marked just a little different than panda cories are. I have pandas in one tank and one lonely little skunk in the other. It is very hard to find them in my area and I'm not having much luck online either.

They are smaller than the pandas are and seem a bit skinnier too - but that might be an optical illusion because of the way their stripes run.

6. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

Ok my Local fish store has skunks cheaper than pandas so I may end up going with those instead. Thanks for the info!

7. Jaysee

Stripes are slimming ;)

8. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

Only if they're going the right way LOL

9. Jaysee

Haha quite true :)

10. s

sweetsammi Valued Member Member

I just bought 2 of what were labeled Skunk Coryies today. However after looking them up when I got home. The Skunks seam to have one black strip coming up their nose and down their back. I beleive what I got were actually Bandit Cories. Mine have a stripe coming down their face then another coming down from dorsal fin down in front of tail fin. I just picked them out cause they look cool. I forget what the other 2 I got were called. I think I paid like 2.50 or 3 ea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice