Question What are points??

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm fairly new to Fishlore and I was curious on what points are and how the system works (etc: how to get points and such).
Thank you in advance!

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to Fishlore!
The points are just really points you get from people replying to your posts.
I used to make tons of mistakes because I didn't know how the system worked lol.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I think you are thinking of reaction score ;)

Points AKA trophy points (I think) are points you get from exploring all of FL's features and tinkering with profile settings in different ways.

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
You accumulate points as you reach certain milestones. They aren't worth anything as in trading them in for anything. Reach a certain number of posts and you receive points. Get a certain number of reactions to your posts and you get points. and so on.......

SeaMonkey06

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You basically get points for doing certain things (such as posting a certain amount of posts and receiving a certain amount of likes, etc)

You can see what points you have and what you need to do to earn them by clicking on your icon at the top of your screen and then your user name and then points.

Reaction scores are the amount of reactions you've gotten from your posts, and your messages are the amount of things you posted. These determine your membership status.

Not that I think you will, but don't go spamming the forum just to earn points as they are kind of there as a side achievement ;)

Edit: Spelling :p

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm on another (non-aquarium related) forum that gives points for just about everything, so they aren't at all an indication of how much that person has contributed to the forum, but one member mentioned something a while ago about trading them in for beer. I've been saving mine, but so far haven't figured out how that works.

OP
Gel0city

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Alright! Thanks everyone!

New Threads