What are people doing to their fish!!!!

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm confuzzled. Is that the result of some kind of maltreatment, a disease/deformity, or a really terrible mistake breeding that trait?

-Lisa

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Looks like dropsy. Once it gets to this stage, the scales stick up and it's all over. My Mars is a bright red betta like the one above and looks like this one, except not as big, maybe half the size. No amount of anti-internal meds or salt baths have got rid of it. There's really nothing more to do once you realise it's NOT constipation...

I lost a fish earlier this year to dropsy as well, Antares, his scales stuck up before he got that big. It's a build up of fluid in their body due to kidney failure, so they can no longer remove it. It causes the fish a lot of distress, and when the scales do stick up, I would now be looking to euthanise the minute Mars looks like he is suffering, the late stages are truly, truly awful and very hard to deal with...

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Wow! That is sad

Laura it may be a good idea to give credit for the photo if it isn't yours.

https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/referencing-books-magazines-other-websites.36927/

"Pictures
Pictures are a special case. Do not presume that an image is free for use, even though it's up on the internet. It is always best to get permission to use an image before posting it. If permission can't be gained, simply post a link to the website where the picture is located.
Because we're not selling anything here, it's likely not illegal to post pictures without permission, but that doesn't mean it isn't incredibly rude. The photographer deserves to be allowed to choose how his or her image is used, and deserves credit (if credit is wanted) for its production.

There are a few exceptions to this. Anything posted on Wikipedia is public domain (they will only post images that are either in the public domain or were produced specifically for Wikipedia.) Likewise, there are sites that provide free images for public use. However, if you can't find something explicitly stating "these images are for free use," don't presume they are free." This information was taken from the link above.

Thanks!
Ken

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom