What are "likes"?

Discussion in 'How Do I' started by psalm18.2, Apr 21, 2012.

1. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I've been getting "likes" on my notification bar. What are they?

2. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

from what i know....they are just a way to show that someone likes what you say, or agrees with it. they don't impact rep...just a fun thing to do. kind of like facebook. though i wish that had a 'dislike' tab...i'd use that far more lol.

3. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi psalm,
    The likes are similar to Facebook likes. If a member likes something you've posted, they can click on the Like (bottom right) of the post.

It then shows a bar at the bottom of the post that shows who likes your post.

If you click on the notifications, it will give you a summary of what people have 'liked'

4. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

:;laughing

5. OP
    OP
    psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Ok, thanks. I don't facebook, but know the concept.

6. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

While clicking to Like a specific posting, it can be a popularity contest of sorts.

Honestly, I have seen individuals click Like; then turn around and post in the same thread stating they disagree with what was "Liked".

If a post is worthy I will use the Add to Reputation star on the bottom left, near the Report Post triangle.

I am sure there are others who disagree with me, and that's ok. We all have our opinions and we definitely do not always agree. That's what makes a forum entertaining.

7. L

Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I have been using it to show I like posts that are intresting or amusing, but would not qualify for rep points.

8. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

9. jerilovesfrogs

i'm kind of off social media right now. i've been on fb for several years, and lately i've become irritated with it. that's probably why i would like a dislike tab...because most of what i see, i don't like hahaha. i was on twitter for a bit...but that didn't really appeal to me very much.

i do see the benefit of a 'like' tab on here....i've only used it a few times though. i could see the younger people using it the most. i'd probably use it if i thought a post was particularly funny :D

10. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I don't like FaceBook making certain things "mandatory" or them changing the privacy settings with out really advertising it, and then all your settings are different, and you have to figure out how the heck to put them back how they were in the first place.... And how they keep changing FarmVille....... Why change a good thing?? My computer hates loading it now, it always comes up and says "Have trouble loading? Download files on to your computer for faster load time!" NO!!!!! *rage*rage*rage*rage*rage*

..... Ok, I'm done now..... :p

11. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

I think likes are a good way to show your agreence with someones opinion or statement, something you dont generally give rep for. I give rep for solid information, or posts that i know a lot of work went into, You know what i mean? But i dont always want to give rep out for someones Opinion, doesn't seem fair since all opinions are considered equal to the one that holds it.

12. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Certainly keeps things less cluttered than having a bunch of "+1" posts

13. jerilovesfrogs

i give rep for opinions i like ;D

14. D

DPM New Member Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice