Well Known
I have Omega One shrimp pellets
New life Spectrum .5mm pellets
Omega one veggie minI pellets
Omega one super color flakes
HikarI sinking wafers for bottom feeders

Then I also have but never use these:
Tetra color pro flakes
Tetra Pleco wafers - not the plant green ones, but the ones that are green surrounded by brown.

Do your kuhlI loaches eat things like NLS pellets or so?

I think I seen mine eat shrimp pellets, flakes, and sinking wafers I listed, but I don think they eat or know to eat small pellets I listed. What about the tetra food, do yours like those?

It is frustrating because they hide all the time during the day and I can't see them eat while they eat the majority of the time.

thanks

Ed204

Well Known
They'll eat them as long as it fits in they're mouth.

You could drop the food at night when the tank lights are off, that's what I do for my BN Pleco sometimes

sassymomma

Well Known
Mine eat what the tank eats- North Fin sinking .5mm pellets, algae wafers for the pleco(that goes over well), zucchinni, red peppers, cucumber, betta food...if any makes it to the bottom

OP
ap4lmtree

ap4lmtree

Well Known
to prepare zucchinI or cucumber, you microwave it so it doesn't float, then you cut it in little pieces with a knife or is there a better way to make the pieces small?

Ed204

Well Known
ap4lmtree said:
to prepare zucchinI or cucumber, you microwave it so it doesn't float, then you cut it in little pieces with a knife or is there a better way to make the pieces small?
You could microwave it or boil it, you should cut your veggies to make your fish have an easier time eating it. Wait for it to cool down and put some pieces in the aquarium, you should remove any uneaten veggies in 24 hours.

New Threads