what are easy egg laying fish to get?

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
i currently have about 20 guppy fry, and i want to try to get egg laying fish to breed. what are the easiest types to do this with and how do i go about breeding them?
thanks =]
Josh

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I guess that eliminates angels too... how about tiger barbs. I think I remember that it isn't too hard to breed them.

Are you wanting to do this to sell the fish to a local store?

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Danios...I've had them spawn in a tank I upgraded from. By the time I got new tank set up and transferred everything, I was surprised to see all the fry! Had to change gears and get everything again running on my smaller tank.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Depending on what size tank it is, most Rainbowfish are pretty easy to breed. Have a clump of Java Moss or a new, unused, string mophead in the tank for them to lay the eggs on. Once the eggs are laid in the moss/mop, you just remove the moss/mop complete with the eggs to a tank that contains identical water paramaters. You need to keep a good eye out for when they lay the eggs though as it won't take them long to eat them if they are not removed promptly.

REDKAHUNA

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Albino cory aeneus extremley easy to breed and raise. Guppy fry and cory fry grow out great together and you will need them to keep the bottom of the fry tanks clean.

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
how do you sex a female/male from each other for albino cory aeneus? and a zebra danio?

BreederGuy23

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Albino cory aeneus extremley easy to breed and raise. Guppy fry and cory fry grow out great together and you will need them to keep the bottom of the fry tanks clean.
Yes you are exactly Albino Cory's are extremely easy to breed,but I think the panda corydoras are easier to breed.

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
OK i will probably start with danios and tiger barbs.How do you sex tiger barbs (i know i am asking lots of questions but =])

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OK i will probably start with danios and tiger barbs.How do you sex tiger barbs (i know i am asking lots of questions but =])
questions are not a problem
Meenu had a good suggestion. Ask the LFS what they would be will ing to buy from you. Most LFS prefer to trade dry goods for fish but few will out right buy them. So check it out before you go to ll that trouble and time
Carol

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
yeah my LFS buys fish semi-often from local breeders for half of what they will sell the fish for.he has a lot of fish but the mos expensive are male guppies and gouramis

Betta Whisperer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The males have red mouth and nose area and brighter red on the fins. Also the female should be very fat with eggs if conditioned right meaning feeding for a few weeks on live foods. fresh hatched BBS and frozen bloodworns.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom