What are all of your hobbies?

RedGallant

Some of my hobbies are
Aquarism
Lego
Growing plants

jkkgron2

I love to read, go hiking or exploring in the woods, and I enjoy growing EASY garden plants!

Jaquatic

Fish and aquatic plants
Terrestrial plants
Guitar
Fishing
Cars
Hiking
Skateboarding/longboarding
Dirt biking

Those are few of my main hobbies

CaptainAquatics

My hobbies include:
- fish keeping
- drawing
- music in general (I sing, play guitar, play piano, play drums, ect.)
- biking
- swimming

there are more but those are my main ones.

pattersonbear

Fish keeping
Fencing
Biking
Swimming
Reading

I think those are my main ones

Leeman75

Other than my fish-keeping:
Sports - all kinds but especially Football (both American and Soccer), Basketball, Tennis, Skiing, Baseball, Volleyball
My Kids and whatever they're doing
I've dabbled in Coin Collecting, but find myself slowly selling off my collection to fund my aquarium hobby.

aquafrogg

Fishkeeping, plantkeeping, art, equestrianism

Dewclaw83

Fish keeping
Rock/Mineral Collecting
Knitting
Gaming
Horse riding/care/training
And I’d like to get back into heavy combat and the SCA at some point

AquaticQueen

-Obviously fish keeping
-Archery (next summer)
-Ukrainian dance
-Drawing
-Gardening
and I would like to learn the piano.

WifeHatesAquatics

besides Fish Keeping ?
True crime. books television podcasts
Sports mostly basketball

right now keeping my daughters entertained during quarantine and educating myself to educate them

bogmummy

Hiking/camping
Art
Writing
Videogames sometimes
waiting for my tank to cycle
Terrariums
is liking bugs a little too much a hobby?
I also make fairy houses out of sticks
I think my main hobby would be constant fear of the future

Dunk2

RedGallant

Dunk2 said:
I was confused what post I was on for a second. I thought I was on stocking ideas. Lol

Dunk2

RedGallant said:
I was confused what post I was on for a second. I thought I was on stocking ideas. Lol
You’d need a larger tank!

RedGallant

Dunk2 said:
You’d need a larger tank!
Probably at least 800 gallons

Sorg67

Went Heli-Skiing for my 60th birthday. Extravagant bucket list adventure. Probably a one time thing so not really a “hobby”. But I skI regularly.

Also like to play disc golf, run, ride bicycles and ride motorcycles.

Might be time to get rid of the motorcycles. Getting too old.

LucilleLelant

My aquariums especially into cory cats and my newest obsession is inverts.
I love animals and nature. I'm trying to grow a garden this year.
I like to read fantasy, watch anime or fantasy TV shows.
Computer games, penpaling, drawing and creative arts.

Pandurs

Does daydreaming count? Lol that aside I draw, read, write, play video games. A lot of the time I moderate for my friend's Twitch streaming channel and make his emotes and sub badges. Right now I'm turning a resin casting hobby into a small business.

FitSoldier

Besides fish keeping:

Guns (yes, Canadians play with guns too)
Cars (American Muscle)
Cigars
Powerlifting
Judo (wrestling with ground fighting)

LittleLizardz

My hobby is Drawing! I love drawing!

Willj626

Besides all things freshwater fish and plant keeping, my other main hobby is kite flying. In the summer though I do a lot of paddle boarding and hammock camping (I really just like sleeping in hammocks). Idk does binge watching X-files and bobs burgers count as a hobby lol?

ArtFish

I like to grow plants (plant care), draw and try to paint, I like all animals in general, video games, organizing/ decorating, hair/ makeup,
I guess I could say I like to pull weeds lol here’s a before and after of some weeding I did today.

here’s some drawings I did recently.

Mike1995

Fishing and the great outdoors!
All my aquariums.
Terrestrial and aquatic plants
Animals
Kayaking

PNWBettas

My other hobbies are a strange mix haha:

-fish keeping(duh)
-D&D (dungeons and dragons) I also paint minis and make dice. (I sell them on Etsy too if anyone is also nerdy like me )
-Hiking/camping
-Singing
-Equestrian/horseback riding

Mongo75

After fishkeeping...
Building Computers
Camping
Fishing
Target Shooting and Reloading

FitSoldier said:
Guns (yes, Canadians play with guns too)
Yes, Californians have (limited) guns too

Malibu

Caravanning
Reading
Remote control Yachts
Breeding Japanese Koi
Gardening

RuralGuppykeeper

Gardening
Listening to music
Games
occasionally D&D

RikkiTikkii

FreshwaterHG said:
-D&D (dungeons and dragons) I also paint minis and make dice. (I sell them on Etsy too if anyone is also nerdy like me )
ngl kind of been wanting to play in a dnd campaign with friends at some point. Ive only watched friends play and create NPCs so thats how far my knowledge goes hahaha

i mean. I am an illustrator but idk if i consider drawing a hobby since I'm majoring in it?
but yes. I draw as a hobby sometimes (when im not getting paid)
I have a nack for collecting things, if thats a hobby. My collections so far is vinyls and pins

PNWBettas

RikkiTikkii said:
ngl kind of been wanting to play in a dnd campaign with friends at some point. Ive only watched friends play and create NPCs so thats how far my knowledge goes hahaha

i mean. I am an illustrator but idk if i consider drawing a hobby since I'm majoring in it?
but yes. I draw as a hobby sometimes (when im not getting paid)
I have a nack for collecting things, if thats a hobby. My collections so far is vinyls and pins
me and my group have been playing online since quarantine started. Its not the same but still fun. You can always PM me if your interested

RikkiTikkii

FreshwaterHG said:
me and my group have been playing online since quarantine started. Its not the same but still fun. You can always PM me if your interested
oh yeah, def. When I was with friends they were doing an online campaign so it was all done through discord calls and Roll20 hahahaha it was fun to watch either way.

Thank you for the offer! Im curious abt ur Etsy so I might

FitSoldier

Mongo75 said:
After fishkeeping...
Building Computers
Camping
Fishing
Target Shooting and Reloading

Yes, Californians have (limited) guns too
Lol I actually own a few guns that are illegal in California. When I bought them at the gun store, big orange stickers on those guns "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA".

AquaticQueen

Aside from the ones I might have listed on page one (I have forgotten a few) here's a few:
-Kayaking
-Canoeing
-I can play a little on piano now, most of the intro for Canon in D, some of Fur Elise, and the intro for Mariage d'Amour. Not much, but still learning.

Wrench

Trying to spend time with my wife
Containing my 3 little ones from boiling over during this quarantine junk
Taking cat naps off and on every Sunday
Making chocolate milk sippys and opening wrappers is my forte
Sometimes I get to drag race and play with the fish...sometimes lol

HorsesHamstersAndFish

My hobbies are:
Dressage horseback riding
Baking/cooking in general
Drawing/painting
Cross-stitching
Piano and singing
And I love video games!

flyinGourami

I like drawing. I just don't like what my drawings look like. Lol.
I'm a mediocre baker although once in a while I make something edible
I also like horseback riding, skiing, rock-climbing, and watching random videos with my friends(and just generally hanging out together ). Oh and I love animals- how did I forget haha.

StarGirl

Besides Fishlore?
Very avid Motocross/ Supercross junkie.
I collect Stephen King Novels
Bowl
Ride Motorcycles (all kinds)
American football U of M Go Blue! Go Patriots! Oh I guess its Bucs now my boys left.
I love doing anything on a computer

Edit..... forgot target shooting!

Dunk2

StarGirl15 said:
Besides fish
Very avid Motocross/ Supercross junkie.
I collect Stephen King Novels
Bowl
Ride Motorcycles (all kinds)
American football U of M Go Blue! Go Patriots! Oh I guess its Bucs now my boys left.
I love doing anything on a computer
All sounds good. Except the Patriots.

StarGirl

Dunk2 said:
All sounds good. Except the Patriots.
Ima Brady/ Gronk fan. So its Bucs now.....lol Brady went to U of M.

Jerome O'Neil

I am cursed with broad and varied interests. Besides the fish tanks

Guitars and music - I own "too many" guitars, but what does my wife know about that, anyway? I play in bands, record and do live audio, and am currently working on two songbooks.

Motorcycles - This is the first time in about 30 years I haven't owned one. I sold my Concours last summer because we are getting ready to move to a new continent and I'll want a smaller bike when we get there. But I miss the old girl. The Conk was a great bike.

Guns - Because blowing shhhhtufff up is fun.

SCUBA - I have about 400 dives in Puget Sound and associated waters. Haven't been in a while as family takes up that time. I used to run an artificial reef association with the express intent of sinking my old Navy ship just so I could dive on it. If I had pulled that off, it would have been the largest artificial reef in the world. I got divorced instead.

Golf - See also: SCUBA, minus the aircraft carrier.

Writing - And reading. I have written short stories for most of my life, and been rejected by many a reputable publishing house. I love good stories, no matter what the medium though. Film, page, oral, doesn't matter. A tale told well is a good tale indeed. I'm also working on a screen play.

History - Falls in line with my love of good stories. True fact, kids: Truth is stranger than fiction. Almost all the non-fiction I read (which is a good percentage) is history of some sort. I am currently deep in the weeds on the rise of the Carolingian Kings, and working backwards through the Merovingian Kings to the fall of the Western Roman Empire. The screen play mentioned above is about an undersold bit of aviation history.

Food - My whole family (four sisters, mom, and dad when he was still kickin' around the planet) are kitchen fiends. I'm no exception. I cook every meal my family eats. Food is a perfect mesh of art and science, and the only human endeavor I am aware of that satisfies all five physical senses.

And in my spare time, I sometimes work.

Jerome O'Neil

StarGirl15 said:
American football U of M Go Blue!
One benefit of COVID is Michigan won't lose to Ohio State this year.

mrjohn

Johnb114 said:
Fish and aquatic plants
Terrestrial plants
Guitar
Fishing
Cars
Hiking
Skateboarding/longboarding
Dirt biking

Those are few of my main hobbies
Ohh I remember skateboarding. I used to love it. My friends and I used to skate everyday for hours. I stopped when I began trying to grind rails because the thought of crushing certain parts deterred me.

MacZ

- musical instruments, especially folk instruments and historical instruments
- music: making and listening, played gigs for years
- history, archaeology, anthropology, cultural studies
- historical literature (antiquity - middle ages)
- pagan reconstructionism (celtic)
- medicinal plants
- for almost 2 decades pen&paper roleplaying until 2018
- for one decade live action roleplaying until 2016
- palaeontology, zoology
- cooking (historical and modern, local and worldwide)

Dunk2

StarGirl15 said:
Ima Brady/ Gronk fan. So its Bucs now.....lol Brady went to U of M.
I’ll give you Gronk. Talented guy. Brady. . .

Ghelfaire

Fish keeping
Training my birds
Photography
Video games
Drawing/painting
Puzzles (since the quarantine)

Jerome O'Neil

Dunk2 said:
Brady. . .
Greatest of all time, and it ain't even close. Love him or hate him, that much is undeniable. He hold pretty much every passing stat record there is to own, yet doesn't even break the top 25 in ints.

Rev

Jerome O'Neil said:
Greatest of all time, and it ain't even close. Love him or hate him, that much is undeniable. He hold pretty much every passing stat record there is to own, yet doesn't even break the top 25 in ints.
I heavily disagree. Brady is the most overrated player of all time. And I think you're going to see that even more this year. He hardly owns any QB records. Most of them are split between Drew Brees and Brett Favre. Then there's a sprinkling of Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and old legends. Then there's Brady sitting on a couple. Most of his records and achievements are related to age and his team, such as postseason records. Brady has been lucky enough to have one of the greatest coaches of all time and one of the greatest systems of all time. He's an incredibly smart QB, but not overly talented. The throws he makes are usually not that impressive. Most of the time he's checking down to RBs and slot recievers. He's also not very mobile.

Personally I think if you want to define the greatest it's talent. The quarterback is not the whole team. Wins take a team, the postseason takes a team, the super bowl takes a team. But if you're talented that shows regardless. You can elevate your team far past where they should be. To me that knocks Brady out of the conversation. I think you're looking at either Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers. Of those 3 Aaron Rodgers is regarded as the greatest thrower of the football we've ever seen. Not even close. The closest we have is Pat Mahomes and he's only been around a short while, he has a long ways to go to see if he's consistent in the long run. At this point he's basically discount Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers very well could break 400 TDs with less than 100 INTs this year. And at the rate he's going very well could break 500 TDs with less than 100 INTs. He's sitting at a 4.33 TD/Int ratio. He does things with the ball nobody else can. I could straight up write you an essay on all this, complete with video links and arguments for why any of Brees, Manning, and Rodgers is the greatest instead of Brady. They're all just flat out better.

AquaCaitlin

• Fish (Of course )
• Getting into dog breeding
• Birdkeeping
• I like to crochet occasionally, but haven’t made anything too fancy.
• Art- painting, digital, drawing, occasional sculpting, etc.
• Before the stay-at-Home order I was doing Crossfit, which I consider a hobby of sorts.
• Guitar, Ukulele, and Piano

Pariah

I've got an uber nerdy hobby: Coin collecting! I'm particularly fascinated with ancient Roman and Greek, medieval European and coins from the Third Reich. I have +/- around 500 coins from just about every era and location. Nothing over the top like a 1787 Ephraim Brasher gold doubloon. Mostly more modest coins with few exceeding $50/ea. Here are few of my favorites, albeit not exactly my most valuable:

A few ancient Greek and Roman coins. The three little ones in the middle are roughly from around 450BC, making them close to 2,500 years old and my oldest coins.

The copper coin at the bottom an 1808 East India Company Ten Cash which was recovered from the 1809 Admiral Gardner shipwreck. It spent 176 years at the bottom the English channel off the coast of Dover before being discovered by a fishing trawler. It was amazingly well preserved due to being sealed in wax coated wooden casks.

A few random medieval cut coins.

My less nerdy hobby: guitar. I honestly play very little anymore, but they'll be here for if/when my kids get older.

Betta'sAnonymous

Pariah said:
I've got an uber nerdy hobby: Coin collecting! I'm particularly fascinated with ancient Roman and Greek, medieval European and coins from the Third Reich. I have +/- around 500 coins from just about every era and location. Nothing over the top like a 1787 Ephraim Brasher gold doubloon. Mostly more modest coins with few exceeding $50/ea. Here are few of my favorites, albeit not exactly my most valuable:

A few ancient Greek and Roman coins. The three little ones in the middle are roughly from around 450BC, making them close to 2,500 years old and my oldest coins.

The copper coin at the bottom an 1808 East India Company Ten Cash which was recovered from the 1809 Admiral Gardner shipwreck. It spent 176 years at the bottom the English channel off the coast of Dover before being discovered by a fishing trawler. It was amazingly well preserved due to being sealed in wax coated wooden casks.

A few random medieval cut coins.

My less nerdy hobby: guitar. I honestly play very little anymore, but they'll be here for if/when my kids get older.
Love that Destroyer-type!! Also, if i am not mistaken is that a Mockingbird?

Hobbies: sometimes video games, love fixing/upgrading my truck, fixing things, fishies and guitars once-upon-a-time

Pariah

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Love that Destroyer-type!! Also, if i am not mistaken is that a Mockingbird?

Hobbies: sometimes video games, love fixing/upgrading my truck, fixing things, fishies and guitars once-upon-a-time
The black explorer shape is an ESP LTD EX-400BD. Kind of hard to come by these days and when you can find them they command a premium. Usually far more than they were new. They were extremely well built guitars and came stock with EMG 81/60 pickups, Grover tuners and Earvana compensated nut. Mine is stock except I did the 18v mod on the EMGs. It's been my main guitar for close to 20 years and it's got the road rash to prove it.

The red one is indeed a Mockingbird. BC Rich Mockingbird Contour Deluxe. Also a very well built and discontinued like the other guitar. The stock Hot Hex pickups aren't the best, but they came with coil splitting, which makes it very versatile.

For years I used a Peavey 5150 half stack, but I ended up selling it when we moved to the lower 48 due to not having room in the U-haul for everything. A few years ago I did pick up a Bugera 6262 half stack (Peavey 6505+ clone). Absolutely insane amp and if you're unfamiliar, a 6505+ is basically a successor to the original 5150 and 6505. Absurdly loud as well. 120w all tube, which I modded to 60w so it would saturate a little earlier.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom