What aquatic inverts have you kept?

The_fishy

What freshwater inverts have you kept for display? Please feel free to post pictures below!

I do know about clams, limpets and scuds and such, I just ran out of space in the poll.

veggieshark

There are some other things that are not on the list, such as scuds and clams/mussels. Not deliberately introducing them, but when hydra finds its way in my tank, I try to keep it alive.

The_fishy

There are some other things that are not on the list, such as scuds and clams/mussels. Not deliberately introducing them, but when hydra finds its way in my tank, I try to keep it alive.
Yeah, I just ran out of space and was more curious about what directions people were delving into with shrimp and crayfish.

EDIT: And crossing my fingers that someone has kept aegla because they are pretty interesting.

smalli

Here’s a list of all that I’ve kept over the years even if I don’t have them now
Nerite snails
Horned nerites
King koopa nerites (are they the same thing?)
Mystery snails
Bamboo shrimp
Cherry shrimp
Ghost shrimp
Accidental whisker shrimp
Ramshorn snails
Mini ramshorn snails
Bladder snails
Mexican dwarf crayfish
May i ask what plants do cherry shrimp like?

Kribensis27

Wow, I've never counted before. I've actually kept a surprising amount. Mostly snails (I have more trapdoor snails being delivered tomorrow as I type this!), but plenty of other things too.
- Zebra, tiger, olive, and black nerites
- Mystery snails
- Rabbit snails (a bunch of types, I don't feel like trying to remember them all)
- Trapdoor snails
- Pagoda snails
- Trumpet snails (of course)
- Bladder snails
- Pond snails
- Ramshorn snails
- Black devil snails
- Neo shrimp
- Bamboo shrimp
- Ghost shrimp
- Whisker shrimp
- Amano shrimp
- Scuds
- All my random tank bugs (copepods, ostracods, detritus worms, etc...)
- Blue crayfish
- Mexican dwarf crayfish
- Cherax pulcher crayfish

I'm probably forgetting some. There's too many to remember!!! I don't have many good pics. I wasn't allowed to get a phone until around two years ago, so I had very limited access to a camera until then. I'll add some pics of my new shipment of trapdoor snails tomorrow, if they arrive safely.

AggressiveAquatics

May i ask what plants do cherry shrimp like?
Do you mean what they like to eat? If you do then they like biofilm, algae and different assortments of veggies
Wow, I've never counted before. I've actually kept a surprising amount. Mostly snails (I have more trapdoor snails being delivered tomorrow as I type this!), but plenty of other things too.
- Zebra, tiger, olive, and black nerites
- Mystery snails
- Rabbit snails (a bunch of types, I don't feel like trying to remember them all)
- Trapdoor snails
- Pagoda snails
- Trumpet snails (of course)
- Bladder snails
- Pond snails
- Ramshorn snails
- Black devil snails
- Neo shrimp
- Bamboo shrimp
- Ghost shrimp
- Whisker shrimp
- Amano shrimp
- Scuds
- All my random tank bugs (copepods, ostracods, detritus worms, etc...)
- Blue crayfish
- Mexican dwarf crayfish
- Cherax pulcher crayfish

I'm probably forgetting some. There's too many to remember!!! I don't have many good pics. I wasn't allowed to get a phone until around two years ago, so I had very limited access to a camera until then. I'll add some pics of my new shipment of trapdoor snails tomorrow, if they arrive safely.
I’ve been trying to get some black devils but my lfs hadn’t had them yet. I’ve also been looking for turtle nerites they look cool

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Evergreen2
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Copper Sulfate Treatment
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
richiep