What Aquarium Plants?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by phantom, Apr 17, 2018.

1. phantom

phantom Valued Member Member

Hello everyone, I'm looking to start a planted tank I have java moss already but am looking for more plant types the requirements are that they grow very fast and make good places for fry to hide

2. W

Wraithen Well Known Member Member

Anacharis, Christmas moss. A whole mess of saggitria planted thick, anything that starts with hygrophilla, swords, (if you trim sword enough it gets mad and starts growing bushy instead of long leaves.)

3. OP
    OP
    phantom

phantom Valued Member Member

thank you very much!

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

I'd also reccomend java fern. Once grown it, it forms a thick mat that provided a lot of refuge places.

5. Tsin21

Tsin21 Well Known Member Member

Water sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides). Just float it and it will grow very fast and provides a great refuge for the fry.

6. W

Wraithen Well Known Member Member

Just a friendly tip, if you go with a root feeder, dont bury the rhizome or the top of the roots depending on which plant. If it can survive as something just floating around, let it float for a weak or so before sticking into the substrate. Anacharis likes to rot when planted if it gets slightly damaged when planting. And lastly, plant melt is real when you buy those tubes of plants. Dont worry, they aren't dying, just adapting to a different life so to speak.

7. lilabug4545

lilabug4545 Well Known Member Member

Parva! Crypt. parva!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice