What Aquarium Plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm looking to start a planted tank I have java moss already but am looking for more plant types the requirements are that they grow very fast and make good places for fry to hide

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello everyone, I'm looking to start a planted tank I have java moss already but am looking for more plant types the requirements are that they grow very fast and make good places for fry to hide
Anacharis, Christmas moss. A whole mess of saggitria planted thick, anything that starts with hygrophilla, swords, (if you trim sword enough it gets mad and starts growing bushy instead of long leaves.)

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Anacharis, Christmas moss. A whole mess of saggitria planted thick, anything that starts with hygrophilla, swords, (if you trim sword enough it gets mad and starts growing bushy instead of long leaves.)
thank you very much!

Tsin21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Water sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides). Just float it and it will grow very fast and provides a great refuge for the fry.

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Just a friendly tip, if you go with a root feeder, dont bury the rhizome or the top of the roots depending on which plant. If it can survive as something just floating around, let it float for a weak or so before sticking into the substrate. Anacharis likes to rot when planted if it gets slightly damaged when planting. And lastly, plant melt is real when you buy those tubes of plants. Dont worry, they aren't dying, just adapting to a different life so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 40 63.5%

Top Bottom