What an eventful night..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well i brought home a new gravel pump that said shake to start, so i shook, and then the water in the vacuum thing got cloudy, so I stopped and looked, bam dead snail
He had'nt been moving for a few days so it wasn't suprise, but i didn't even smell anything
Anyways, I freaked, grabbed a net and a pet store cup and threw my betta in there to protect her, as my filter was getting trashed by the snail matter.
So i took apart the entire tank, cleaned it and put it back together.

Then i went to work on my other tanks, and next up was the one that had the ADF's in it.
Well, the vac just wasn't working, so i took that bit off and just used the tube, which proceeded to suck up one of my frogs.
I got scared, stopped the flow, and the frog was fine, but I ended up spilling a ton of water on my desk and floor from using this high powered tube.
Oh and my other snail was also dead.

Then as i scoot my rolly chair back, i hear "plop, dun dun dun dun.." and see a bottle of icky snail water spilling onto my carpet.
So about an hour of windex and lysol later, i've figured out a name for my new betta!
Jonah
Because he was the bringer of the bad luck on the boat in the hebrew bible, and this fish has brought me a whole lot of bad luck in my water change and non-betta department.
And that was my night.

OP
S

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
too bad the siphon's about as big as the tank itself, at least in the smaller two.
I'm just gonna airline the two small ones, but use that method for the larger one.

bettaloulou

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks Lucy for posting that link, ive already sucked up some dirty fish water SO GROSS!

Shiba, I feel your pain. The other night I was adding ammonia to my tank and dropped the bottle and spilled all over my carpet! The house reaked of ammonia and we ended up having to get out the steam vac and scrub the carpets. My eyes and lungs were burning from the fumes!

I guess like anything else, it just takes practice for all of these things to become second nature.

OP
S

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yeah, well now my dad is forcing me to do water changes in the bathtub, and I'm never dealing with mystery snails ever again.
I think they either died of no food or ammonia poisoning.
but my fish all seem fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 67 67.0%

Top Bottom