75 Gallon Tank What air pump is the most quiet?

Randomfishlover

Im looking for a good air pump to run two sponge filters in a 75 gallon located in my bedroom. I am hoping to find a nice filter at a good price that works well and is quiet.

I founds some pumps on amazon with good reviews and was wondering if any of you had used them and how they worked? Also if you had any other recommendations?

Here are the links to the pumps I found:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0854CWH5...olid=3161J9MQ7VBLA&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJ3XLM...colid=HAPZREWAHBA0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DMN7GX...colid=HAPZREWAHBA0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

BigManAquatics

Fishlore Legend
I find the Quemietflow Air pumps from Aqueon are good and quiet. I have one on my 29 and a dual-outlet one on my 45

ChrissFishes01

Well Known
The only quiet air pump I've ever used has been the USB nano pump. All the other pumps seem to get loud over time. You can hang the USB pumps off of the tank/stand, so you can't hear them rattle.

You might have to get two (one for each sponge filter), but they should be plenty powerful enough.
Other than that, some Eheim pumps aren't terribly loud, but it's all down to your tolerance.

StarGirl

Fishlore Legend
I have a pump from Pet Supplies Plus Brand and it is so quiet. It only runs a air stone and not even a sponge so that may be why. Otherwise I have 2 Tetra "whisper" (what a joke that is) They are so loud. I had a Eheim that was fairly loud too even when hung up. I have had them all hanging from the inside of my stand touching nothing too.

GlennO

Well Known
I’d recommend attaching a powerhead to each of them instead of running them with an air pump, especially in a 75 gal. Will dramatically improve their performance and be much quieter.

I dislike air pumps. I even have a tiny powerhead on the small sponge in my 7 gal shrimp tank. It increases the water flow through the sponge providing better filtration but best of all there is no noise.

jmaldo

Fishlore VIP
I mainly use the Tetra models, all have a noticeable hum. I found placing them on a rubber mat helps. But the quietest pump so far has been a Eheim, it is a few more $'s. It is on my main African Build in the living room, and the recliner is located a few feet away. Only way I know its working is by seeing the bubbles or touching it.

Amazon.com : Eheim PHL207184, 4.00 x 6.00 x 4.00 inches, Black : Pet Supplies

Good Luck with your choice..

Mistacliff

The only quiet air pump I've ever used has been the USB nano pumps that Aquarium Co-Op sells. All the other pumps seem to get loud over time. You can hang the USB pumps off of the tank/stand, so you can't hear them rattle.

You might have to get two (one for each sponge filter), but they should be plenty powerful enough.

Other than that, some Eheim pumps aren't terribly loud, but it's all down to your tolerance.
I use these air pumps in my 125, one for each sponge filter. I think they were $10 each. The only way you can hear it is if you hold it to your ear, almost entirely inaudible. And if the power goes out since they use a usb port for power you can use a battery back up to power them.
Solid product.

LHAquatics

Well Known
My tetras are super quiet for air pumps.

smee82

I’d recommend attaching a powerhead to each of them instead of running them with an air pump, especially in a 75 gal. Will dramatically improve their performance and be much quieter.

I dislike air pumps. I even have a tiny powerhead on the small sponge in my 7 gal shrimp tank. It increases the water flow through the sponge providing better filtration but best of all there is no noise.

I prefer powerheads too but couldn't find one to fit my 10g bowl. What are you using with your shrimp.

pagoda

Well Known
I use Vento airpumps (they come fully equipped with airline, one way stop valve and airstone)

Exceptionally quiet, even the largest that has two outlets. They have removable rubber jackets....so, so quiet...I have two of them in the bedroom and never hear them.

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Eheim air pumps and the Tetra AP150 are quiet.

Marlene327

Well Known
I'm jumping on this older post to ask again, if anyone has other favorite air pumps with 2 outlets beyond what was stated above. I'd like it to be as inexpensive as possible.

Has anyone heard of a ZIDEE pump? I have one with 2 outlets that's the quietest I've ever tried, and would like another one or two. I have no idea where I found it but can't find another one. This will be used for 2 sponge filters in a 10 gallon tank. I have Tetra Whispers (1 outlet) which aren't too bad, but as someone noted above, they tend to get louder with age. I could use 2 of them if necessary. I always run 2 small sponge filters in my tanks but just started a new tank using one of those from the old tank, and now want to add another filter to the old and new tanks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
  • Question
Replies
Views
BettaFett
Replies
Views
cosermann
Replies