What adjustable heater should I get for my 2.5 gallon tank?

Ginger2209

Hey guys!

So, Im sure this is a common question, but what brand should I look for when shopping for an adjustable heater?

Story time!:
I have a 2.5 gallon with 6 guppies and a bladder snail (overstocked, I know, I'm getting to that part) with a small aqueon filter, a thermometer that sticks to the side of the tank, and what USED to be a working aqueon 5w flat heater. Well, my heater died out on me a day or so ago (thats when I noticed it!), and my tank's temperature has dropped to about 70-ish. Not terrible, but really not ideal for baby guppies either. Did some reading, and apparently this happens with aqueon products alittle too often.

To fix the overstocking, I'm getting a second 2.5 gallon very soon and building a water bridge between the two. I live on a college campus thats only allowed "1 tank up to 10 gallons", so if the water supply's are linked it's considered "1 tank". This should raise the gallon count to roughly 5.5, maybe 6 if I get larger pipes.

That being said, I need an adjustable water heater for each tank individually due to lack of circulation through the pipes. I would prefer a brand that wasnt very pricy for this reason, but if cost matches quality, it is what it is. I would also like to be sound of mind in knowing the heater will not boil my fish, since I tend to like my fish.

So, to summarize: Need adjustable heater safe for small fish tanks that won't cook my fish, preferably less that 30 bucks a pop. Help?

BigManAquatics

I would look for a 25 or 50 watt adjustable. I have had good luck myself with regular Aqueons and Orlushy. Should be able to find in that size range under $30 on amazon

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Dillan Murphy
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Dillan Murphy
Replies
Views
TWiG87
  • Question