What about that Fish Place???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I was wondering if any of you had bought and have had success with purchasing discus at that fish place? it is the only LFS around that seels them and although they are a LFS I consider them to be more on the tops for fish mine any way the tanks are always clean and I never see dead fish and they keep their discus fish on a seperate system and they look good and healthy to me I have talk to those who take care of them and it sounds like they take care of them like any of us who knows what they are doing would. I was just looking for some opions I even asked them for their water parameters all well with in specs and they feed them a variotey as well?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning Fish Monster,

I've never ordered live stock from thatfishplace but I do order many of my supplies there and have for many years. I've always been impressed with their on line customer service and phone service too. They have always stood behind the products that they sale. I can't see them being any different with their live stock.

I think one of our members Ted has been to thatfishplace. I'm not sure if he has purchased fish there but hopefully he'll see this and respond.

Keep us posted.
Ken

OP
Fish Monster

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I was thinking about buying my last two discus there, they have a few strains that look very nice and everytime I go in I check on them and they are selling them because they get new ones all the time, they always look very healthy and active there on their own seperat water purifaction system and they are well feed I had the chance to see them feed em a few times and I talked to the girl who is responsible for their care she knows her stuff and does a fantastic job with them she uses a chart to mark down all the things that been done or that needs done and feeds them a varitey of feed she really cares she own discus her self so I know I can trust her. Having said that I think I willing to give them a try besides there only a 35 minute drive for me all higway!

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Generalizing here, but generally discus from places such as thatfishplace will be of lower quality and mostly stunted. Doesn't always happen and i'm sure its better living closer to the store so you can choose your own, might find some gems. But generally they arn't what I would personally choose.

I believe thatfishplace sells Stendkers (discus hans). I've honestly never been impressed with Han's LFS discus but I'm not sure if its the LFS making them that way or what. I'd much rather go directly to hans to get fish, in person if possible. But thatfishplace seems to have a higher quality fish then most big box stores i've seen.

OP
Fish Monster

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yeah and the one who is responsible for the discus keep them her self and seems to know her stuff so I think maybe I could give them a shot I personally always go and look at them and they always look good they keep them in a totally seperat room from the main fish stock there all by them selves on their own filter system there in witht he live plants room no other fish just them I had a hard time finding them actualy.

Oh and Slug I had another question for you in my other thread the Red Marb thread, thanks

Flyfrod

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I also buy my supplies at thatfishplace. It's local for me as well. I often look at the discus in the plant room and after doing much research on discus, I believe you could get better stock from somewhere else. IMO they don't look as healthy as fish from some of the breeders online. Check out kenny's discus and you'll see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 19.6%

Top Bottom